World-Designs-Forum

World-Designs-Forum (http://forum.world-designs.co.uk/index.php)
-   BB Problems (http://forum.world-designs.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   For Sale Board (http://forum.world-designs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8142)

Pingushome 26th June 2022 11:57 AM

For Sale Board

Hi
It seems that only adds up to April 2022 are available. Anyone any idea where the rest have gone?
Have we had a clear out?
Martin

A Stuart 26th June 2022 03:31 PM

Re: For Sale Board

The sticky "Rules" post in the For Sale section says amongst other things, "Posts will be removed sometime after 1 month so please re-advertise if still for sale or wanted."
I have had occasions where I had to go trawling through my private messages and ancient emails to find details about things I had bought ages before as the original For Sale post had gone.

Greg. 26th June 2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Stuart (Post 94026)
The sticky "Rules" post in the For Sale section says amongst other things, "Posts will be removed sometime after 1 month so please re-advertise if still for sale or wanted."
I have had occasions where I had to go trawling through my private messages and ancient emails to find details about things I had bought ages before as the original For Sale post had gone.

Yes, not being able to look up an old post in this For Sale section is in my experience inconvenient. I can’t see why posts can’t be left with an expectation that threads are marked SOLD when a deal is done.

A Stuart 26th June 2022 07:14 PM

I was sure the rule was that you had to amend the title to add "SOLD". Probably gave up on that as few people ever did.

Alastair

Richard 26th June 2022 09:13 PM

Hi Martin,

Sales and Wanted are notice board sections (not intended for chat or reference) and kept clear and topical to help make members’ Sales and Wanted posts successful.

At the moment,
Live For Sale adverts are showing from 23 Feb 2022 to 1April 2022
Live Wanted ads are showing from 23 Jan 2022 to 23 June 2022

Other adverts will either have been older or already marked as Sold/Got and are periodically removed. In busy times they may be cleared after a month and folk are welcome to re-post.

Pingushome 27th June 2022 12:26 PM

[quote=Richard;94030]Hi Martin,

Sales and Wanted are notice board sections (not intended for chat or reference) and kept clear and topical to help make members’ Sales and Wanted posts successful.

Thank you Richard.
It is a missed opportunity not using it imho as a reference tool as people could compare prices before selling, but I accept your decision.
It’s just that I haven’t seen a clear out this draconian for some time and was wondering if forum had been hacked that prompted by question.
Thanks for clearing things up.
Matin

bob orbell 28th June 2022 07:08 AM

Hi Matin, have you changed your name :eek:. Bub

Pingushome 28th June 2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob orbell (Post 94032)
Hi Matin, have you changed your name :eek:. Bub

::D'oh!::p::p:
Ha ha Bob as someone else on here I’ll answer to anything

bob orbell 28th June 2022 10:08 AM

Any thing Martin :). Bob