World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Old 18th August 2024, 07:51 AM

Default 365 Day's worth of new members.

Over the last year, I have made a note of every new person/artical applying for membership, there have been over 100 new entry's, most, with stupid names, Matthew has rejected a large percentage , of the one's that were left, only two have posted, the rest have not even returned to the forum. The year before, I noticed a few who have never posted uesing the forun to PM others, and there is yet another stupid name this morrning. Could I sugest that we only accept new members with their correct names, or something that reflects what the forum is about, example, Thermionic, the Vintage Motor Cycle club forum will only accept members wih correct names and this works as you know you are more than likely coresponding with a genuine person. Just my thoughts. Bob
Old 18th August 2024, 09:36 AM

Default Re: 365 Day's worth of new members.

How do you know about this, Bob? I don't see this going on.
Old 18th August 2024, 09:51 AM

As I type this, you are veuing World Desighn Index . Bob
Old 23rd August 2024, 09:14 PM
WD Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob orbell View Post
Over the last year, I have made a note of every new person/artical applying for membership, there have been over 100 new entry's, most, with stupid names, Matthew has rejected a large percentage , of the one's that were left, only two have posted, the rest have not even returned to the forum. The year before, I noticed a few who have never posted uesing the forun to PM others, and there is yet another stupid name this morrning. Could I sugest that we only accept new members with their correct names, or something that reflects what the forum is about, example, Thermionic, the Vintage Motor Cycle club forum will only accept members wih correct names and this works as you know you are more than likely coresponding with a genuine person. Just my thoughts. Bob
The user names members choose for themselves here and on all social media is typically unique. Their identity (should it be important) may be contained in their membership pages, but be sure that online anonymity is typical, especially if a VPN is used, commonly facilitated on most modern phones and computers.
Your expectations are out of date and unrealistic today. The world has moved on.
Old 24th August 2024, 08:19 AM

The world HAS moved on, so why are we still using obsolete music systems ? lets hear it. And I see you do not mention Matthews name for rejecting them. Bob19530503-fjusnhhMSjuy6675439.

Last edited by bob orbell; 24th August 2024 at 05:31 PM.
Old 25th August 2024, 08:01 PM

Personally I have no problem using my own name, in fact I quite like "old fashioned" ideas and try to be grammatically correct when texting or writing emails. My name Smith blue 3 was issued by AOL when I first started with an email address. I have to admit I find the the lack of social skills demonstrated by large numbers of teenagers very disturbing as they are taught to communicate only by keyboard and auto correct system and cannot hold face to face communication, however this is diverting from the subject. So, yes I think new members should use there correct names AND have to introduce themselves.
Old 27th August 2024, 01:07 PM

Very well said Pete.