World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Old 30th July 2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Windows 10 Pro

Ho Dear the first thing it did was wipe out my internet security software and printers it seems software companies will have to catch up to run on win10
But it runs stable buy the looks of it

Now why I won’t be using it I don’t like the fact I can’t customise it to the way I like I seems the task and tool bars/buttons can’t be changed from the old flat look much like the windows classic look and its bad on the eyes too

I managed to get my icons I like back with third-party software I use but can’t change the tool bars and buttons with it
And Microsoft edge what is his full of stuff I don’t need or want see snapshots images
Yes I am new to it give it a chance I hear you say well maybe but unless Microsoft do some custom update options for the tool bars until then it coming out
OK Rant over
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 1.JPG (34.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Capture3.jpg (86.0 KB, 31 views)

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 30th July 2015, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Windows 10 Pro

Hope you get sorrted Colin, must admit, I would be completely f----d if it was not for Janet. BOB
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the mini review Col and hope yours rolls back ok I'd been holding off getting a new pc for daughter til Win 10 was out but have now gone ahead with Win 8.1 instead.

I've also cancelled the Win 10 update for my pc as I suspected all would not go well with early Win 10 versions. We can both upgrade later if we want. I like Win 8 for its stability and fast boot up and use it with Classic Shell so it works like Win 7 without the metro desktop.
Old 2nd August 2015, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Richard
yep sticking with windows 7 for now well it didn't roll back ether saying there were files missing but that may have been my cleaning software fault as its set to auto run or rather my fault for forgetting to switch it off

so am now in the middle of reformatting the drive and reinstalling win 7 and all the other software I use just as well I have all my files backed up
I don't think I am going to like win 10 pro that flat white tile look is not good and cheap looking but that's just my view and taste

but windows 10 pro has activated and I downloaded the iso to usb stick so good to go if I do decide to use it
And now waiting for the free Windows home premier to download to my other desktop

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s

Old 4th August 2015, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

Well
After 12 failed attempts windows update error code 80240020 windows 10 Home downloaded on my other PC so now have windows pro and home activated

Using third party windows 8 start menu this time works fine so may leave win 10 home on this Pc and see what go’s but still don’t like this white flat tile and buttons look but that’s just a personal view

Maybe Microsoft will give us options the customise this more most of what win 10 will do I won’t use anyway I believe Microsoft will continue to supply updates for window 7 until 2020 so have time to get used to windows 10 by then

Old 14th August 2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hi All
Well I am still using windows 10 on one PC on the HDTV looks a lot better on that
I came across this tutorial video on YouTube I would recommend watching if you are think of using windows 10 it’s very helpfully vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZqK...st=WL&index=35