World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > Members > BB Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BB Problems Report and Reply on any problems using this Bulletin Board

Old 10th October 2007, 08:59 AM

Default dispute further

Hi Richard, sorry to have to raise this, but one point remains unsaid.

George has only posted 1 pic. of the tx, the underside.

I request him here to offer an upside pic. of the tx

I cannot now do this and prove anything, as he has the tx's, and I have no fotos.

If the tx's are from the welborne amps it raises 2 points.

1/ they were a special run, perhaps a limited quantity, I asked Mike la fevre about an fs-030 his top of the line tx I was going to buy but it had different lead colours, and he initially denied it was his, later on, perhaps a year or two later, he confirmed to someone else that leadout. So I know on some things he doesn't recall them properly, and for that reason, I cannot totally rely on mike's word on that one. Only when the proper pic. comes, we can say.

this is the thread where he confirmed the different lead out, he denied it to me over a year ago.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mp...nequest&m=6919

2/ George seems convinced they are electraprints. This is because welborne switched from MQ to EP later on, welborne prior did use MQ.

So to sum up:

1/ I am not now enclined to deal with george until

a. he posts a proper pic, which I have asked him to all along.
b. he has blasted my private mails all around.
c. he has had the tx's for a while and goodness knows what could've happened to them.

2/ If they happen to be Electra print, they are the equal of MQ, but they are not, I have had an EP, and they look nothing like the ones I sold to george.
The photo will prove that.

3/ i can't prove anything now, as I don't have the tx's, george has them, and can at least take but one pic., for which I have requested many many times from him, and he has failed to do.

So again, I call upon george to take a proper pic. and let people here judge the accuracy of my claims.

I hope this post is ok, sorry to trouble richard I have posted with great consideration and trepidation, I ask that it be allowed to remain to clear any doubt, and the proof will come with the pic.

Last edited by Ianm2; 10th October 2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: dispute further

Hi Ian,

I read some doubts into those links and wouldn't presume to judge this this either way. There is a lot of comment and very few facts.

If George can supply more pics, measure the windings, and the accurate weight, then it should be possible to decide (perhaps with MQ's help) in private communication.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:10 AM

hi Richard & ian

The Mq DS_025 specification can see the following

http://www.magnequest.com/025.htm

Ian the Transformer , the weight, all dimentions, winding is different, and I

sent 3 picture to Mike PM. He reply three time on MQ forum Not a MQ transformer , the late reply is very clear..

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/magnequest/messages/6969.html

[b]Posted by mqracing (M) on October 01, 2007 at 10:23:53
In Reply to: RE: Moondog 2a3 output transformer? posted by gelatinouscube@hotmail.com on October 01, 2007 at 09:37:08

Fellas. I WILL have the last word on this thread. After this post--- take it elsewhere.
Allow me to say--- that my sympathies lie moreso with the buyer. Who appears to have been (with or without deliberation) hoodwinked--- he did
not get a MQ built product as advertised\represented by the seller.

more comments to follow;

::::I think George, you are making a bit of a fool of yourself, this isn't a place to air grievances in public.::::

yet your reply is nothing more than YOUR airing of YOUR greivances toward the buyer.

::::1/ You seem convinced they are EP, they look nothing like them.
Even if they are, EP are still a top class bespoke maker.
I said all along they were from the laurel's, if you can't even get the name right, how can you expect use an output tx properly?:::::

My sense is that the seller has the obligation to properly identify the products he\she is selling.

If you had provided the buyer with the proper identification and documentation (hookup info) then he wouldn't be in the position he finds himself.

Striking out at the buyer doesn't relieve you of your responsibilities as a seller.

::::2/ You expect a reply in minutes, you don't get one right away, without thinking people could be away from the computer for a few days at a time, or even on holiday::::

apparently--- this has to do with his private interactions (emails) with you. I did not find George to be so impatient or out of control in his posts\queries here on the MQ forum.

I may have felt uncomfortable--- with us (MQ that is) being put in the middle--- but that is a different story.

::::So you go blasting your greivances all around the web. I ain't a shop that you can go returning something if you don't know how to measure/use it properly.::::

if so--- then what value have you offered the customer? And what should the buyer measure? Wouldn't identifying the relevant electrical parameters be moreso the duty of the seller? Wouldn't identifying the maker of the product be moreso the duty of the seller? And if the seller misidentifies the maker--- and that is a key factor for the seller--- then it seems obvious to me that the seller ought to be honorable and make the appropiate amends.

:::Doing such a thing is not likely to endear you, rather the opposite.:::

if it is not clear yet--- I do not find your bringing your beefs over here endearing whatsoever.

::::3/ You haven't even taken a proper picture of the tx's to show to anyone to make an informed decision, like I asked you to in the first place.::::

It was enough for me to determine that this trans is not a DS-025 made by MagneQuest. Nor any other model transformer made by us.

:::Do that, then let's see. And try to improve your written engrish a little.:::

how condescending.

::::I think its rather complimentary to say about Mike that no-one else finishes them that way, even if his memory does fail him occasionally ::::

my memory and knowledge of our products is fine.

:::Take a proper pic. and let him see which is what I have said all along.:::

I saw enough in the photos presented to offer my opinion that the subject transformer in question is NOT a MQ built DS-025.

If your so confident that it is--- then why don't you simply refund George his bucks and take them back? Seems like your hellbent on pawning off something for what it is not.

again--- this is the last word--- any responses will in the greatest of likelihood be vaporized into the nether regions of that vast space (black hole) called the internet.

msl[/size]
Mike is [/size]

The picture is really enough , and i will sent you some picture to you , you go to ask mike , why you never ask mike about the transformer ?
where you got that?ebay?
did you use that ? why you dont know how to use that ?
Old 11th October 2007, 01:08 AM

I am sure that neither I nor anyone else on this board has the right or qualifications to pass any comment on this subject.

I totally agree with Richard that it is best left to Ian and George sort out this unfortunate matter in private.
Old 11th October 2007, 08:12 AM

well george has finally mailed a couple of pics, they aren't very good, but here they are.

I may touch them up a little in macromedia fireworx tomorrow, just brighten and sharpen them to see more clearly

Last edited by Ianm2; 11th October 2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11th October 2007, 08:16 AM

here is a pic. of a genuine mq from the web, I got it from google images, here.

http://64.4.61.249/att/GetAttachment...cbb&oneredir=1

doesn't seem to work just go to google, images and type in magnequest, its on page 2.

please note the same bell ends, down to the width of the edges, and the same shape of the holes where it attaches, not shown very well, but the rivets and nuts are brass, which has slightly tarnished or just taken in the dark, also note an orange wire on both the same thickness, and similar but not very visible excellent stacking and fine black laminations.

Last edited by Ianm2; 11th October 2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11th October 2007, 08:40 AM

We can't know whether MQ or EP made the TX in question. The photos do show striking similarities which suggest MQ but then the windings would need to be a special. It's tough for anyone to have total recall about the products they've produced, I can't recall how I've configured the amps here on my shelf, can Mike be 100% sure about his statements?

I fully expect that Ian bought these TX's in good faith himself and he's sold them in equal good faith.