World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Wish List
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish List Poll your project wishes here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2006, 07:40 PM

Default DIY amps (but not kits)

Hi-the problem i see with the old WAD and new WD kits is that they have to be sure of selling a quantity and are restricted to one configuration for each type.
what i would like to see is a written article (with pictures) describing how and why a certain amp is built with a parts list of easy to obtain components.
The Audion magazine,the Mullard book (5-10/5-20) and our own "Shadow" with his "Rocky" are examples of what i mean.
In all these cases anyone who follows the instructions will end up with a working amp with known qualities.I would love to build a "transmitter" valve amp,and there are a lot of basic circuits on the net,but they are not known quantities.It amazes me how our "senior" members hang together some of their "electrocution machines" on bits of wood.I just wish they could share the construction and circuit details with those who dont understand the theory but are capable of building with a little help.
I appreciate a lot of these are temporary prototypes and always being developed,but if we had a few basic designs for say,813-845-805-211 S/e
it might help.
What are your thoughts ?

Philip

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.