Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems For questions and answers re World Designs Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th December 2007, 09:55 PM

Unhappy Sick WD88

Hi All,

My loverly WD88 seems to be sick !!!

I've recently changed the KT88's and now I seem to have a bit of a heater problem!
When powered up nothing happens for a while, then after a few seconds all the valve heaters start glowing as usual followed shortly afterward by the LED glowing green ! This is not how things should be.

What should happen is the LED glows red until the heaters warm up and then it should glow yellow, this normally takes about 20 seconds or so.

Now there's no red but after about the usual 20ish sec's the LED goes straight to it's green state. Green indicates a heater voltage problem according to the destructions.

I was always a bit unsure about weather or not the LED was glowing green or yellow in use before, but now I'm very sure it was yellow. When it glows green it's very very obvious!

I don't have time to do any testing today but in the morning I'll get it out on't table and have a good ol' measure around its innards!

Just wondered if anyone else has had any 'problems' like this? ..... Oh!, I should add that it still works but I'm not happy using it for any length of time until I get to the bottom of it all!

Cheers,
Mike.

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
broken again - still it's there:
the moon on the water.

- Choshu.