World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Is what it is all about

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2009, 04:07 PM

Default Acoustic Alchemy

Mmm... Where to start...??? 1988 I guess and the release of 'Red Dust and Spanish Lace'. This band is fairly unique in that they are an acoustic guitar based smooth jazz band very famous for the original music to 'Gardener's World'. In their original guise they were made up of Simon James and Nick Webb but this soon became Greg Carmichael and Nick Webb. This duo produced most of Acoustic Alchemy's very famous highly sought after music but around 1998 Nick Webb died from pancreatic cancer during the making of 'Positive Thinking'. I miss those old days as I was an early fan of Acoustic Alchemy and feel it's rather like the Genesis situation all over again when Peter Gabriel departed.

If you love highly melodic acoustic guitar music with just the right amount of keyboards and percussion why not give them a try. All of their music is available from Amazon with their earlier recordings being by far their best. A good starting point...? Natural Elements is for me the pinnacle closely followed by Blue Chip. Stand out tracks...??? Mr Chow and Natural Elements as well as many others. Truly beautiful music.

By the way, this stuff would sound amazing through a 300B single ended triode amp
Original 2008F HDCD Player modified for UK mains: Beresford Caiman: Technics SL1210 MkII/Ortofon OM30 Super/Audioref mat/Aluminium puck: Croft Micro 25 Basic Pre: Croft Series 7 Power: Dali Suite 2.8 Loudspeakers: Van Den Hul D102HB Mk III Interconnects: NVA LS5 Loudspeaker Cables:

Secret Lust: VPI Scout II/Sumiko Blackbird:

Shaunie Boy