World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > DIY Projects > Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sources Your DIY source designs (turntables etc.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th November 2019, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Squeezer 1.5.1 App on Android 8

Thanks Mark and Richard.
I got to the root of atleast some of it.
Turns out that even after a factory reset the darn thing was still registered toan email address we haven't used in 4 years since moving house and ISP. So I finally managed after a few attempts to re register it to the new email, this then made it visible to the PC.
I used to use it with a USB drive loaded with media so I understand that part of it and hopefully this will function again.
Ah yes Internet radio, it still doesn't like the new BBC hi res feeds so that part was never updated as the Logitech site seems to work for SB and the later devices it sells. I have to say that I would loveit if there was a way to update the firmware/software to allow the current BBC feeds as I do like a bit of Radio3 and now I don't have a decent FM signal down in the valley here I basically rely on internet radio. I suspect this will be impossible but it seems that Richard has a way to stream hi res media via squeezebox. I don't need the SB own DAC, although its quite competent, I prefer to use an optical SP DIF into my Rega SaturnR CDplayer/DAC which is a very nice bit of kit and also has a good USB input that will do the full 192kHz thing if I ever feel the need. I have to say that I find CD quality either .WAV or from the disc direct to be as good as I need to these geriatric ear 'oles. Thanks for the pointers, I would use the SB remote if it wasn't for the unfortunate fact that a standard Phillips remote control for CD and amplifier interferes with the SB so I have a piece of black tape over the IR sensor. So the phone controller is a boon. If anyone knows of a way to disable the IR sensor I would be grateful.
The SB touch is/was to my opinion a bloody good idea and why Logitech pulled the plug rather than develop the technology into a multiroom system baffles me as mostly when it works its a nice compact solution as an addition to traditional stereo setups.
Ta Chaps I shall show our Jamie the info and he reckons once he's got the newtwork talking to its various bits it should be relatively easy to get the media working.

Andy