World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > WD Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WD Loudspeakers For discussion of World Designs Loudspeakers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th January 2022, 07:45 PM

Default WD25TEX Millennium Crossover R5 Resistor Value

Hi

I'm rebuilding my WD25T's with the standard tweeter and instead putting the Millennium tweeter in it (the T25CF002 version).

I found the Hi-Fi World article that Peter wrote and wanted to know if the value for R5 in the crossover diagram are the values shown, or does the value shown assume that's the total combined resistance of both the inductor and resistor. For example, is R5 actually 2.2 ohm, or is it actually 1.3 ohm with the inductor L2 adding 0.9 ohm to give a total value of 2.2 ohm?

Anyone who built these with the millennium tweeter know the answer? In Peter's V2 article of the standard tweeter (from the WD articles CD), he does call out that the value of R5 should be calculated by deducting the resistance of L2 from the figure shown, thus giving the actual value of the resistor. I would assume he's used the same logic for the earlier crossover design for the Millenium tweeter, but didn't call this out.

Link to the Millenium tweeter article https://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/index.p...next-step.html