World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > WAD > WAD Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WAD Problems For questions and answers re older World Audio Design Projects

Old 13th March 2006, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Wad step ups

I've fixed the wiring on my OL1 this morning and the internal wiring looks like some that I bought for £2 a metre from a place called satcure www.satcure.co.uk it litz construction and covered in silk its a real pain to strip and solder but Iused on my Transcriptor arm and it did make an improvement.

If this is the same wire its designed for winding transformers and is sold off the roll Origin Live charge £75 for four pieces long enough to wire one arm thats a serious profit margin especially as they will buy it by the roll I would think.
Old 22nd March 2006, 08:53 AM

Bizzie,
could you point me to which sectionon the Satcure site deals with the Litz wire - I can't find it.

Black Stuart
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stuart
Bizzie,
could you point me to which sectionon the Satcure site deals with the Litz wire - I can't find it.

Black Stuart
It isn't easy to find but if you do a search for litz wire on their site it comes up.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page13.htm
Old 23rd March 2006, 05:33 PM

I am interested in using the satcure litz wire for re-wiring my Hadcock. Should the 4 wires be wound or woven together in some way, or just left loose? Also, in the Hadcock, the the wiring is soldered onto a block just in dront of the arm base, and then coax is fed theough the pillar and down through the turntable base. The Hadcock coax seems cheap stuff and I would like to replace it but there aint much room through the Hadcock pillar. Anyone know of a high quality but reasosnably thin diameter coax I can use?
Old 23rd March 2006, 06:30 PM

Missing Link Silver Surfer cable it the business for this!

http://www.the-missing-link.net/index.htm

I used it for something similar.

Mark
Old 23rd March 2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.rogers
I am interested in using the satcure litz wire for re-wiring my Hadcock. Should the 4 wires be wound or woven together in some way, or just left loose? Also, in the Hadcock, the the wiring is soldered onto a block just in dront of the arm base, and then coax is fed theough the pillar and down through the turntable base. The Hadcock coax seems cheap stuff and I would like to replace it but there aint much room through the Hadcock pillar. Anyone know of a high quality but reasosnably thin diameter coax I can use?
I wired my Transcriptors arm with the wires seperate and loose i the arm tube and have had no problems.

I know some people plait them but I think that the wire then stiffens slightly and you don't want that at the pivot point.

As for the external cable I used the original wire and fitted new phono plugs as it quite thin and has to fit inside the pillar which is only a small diameter on the Transcriptor and it was still a big upgrade.