World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > WD Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WD Loudspeakers For discussion of World Designs Loudspeakers

Old 1st January 2018, 11:07 PM
WD Archivist

Default Re: WDXRS Supertweeters

Tell us about the rest of your system. What amp(s) are you using? What are your sources? What kind of floor covering (if any) do you have?
Old 1st January 2018, 11:35 PM

Lp12, Ittok, esco retip Troika, Hagerman Piccolo, pure sound p10, Sugden a21se, real wood parquet on concrete floor.
Old 1st January 2018, 11:51 PM
WD Archivist

System looks good. Sorry, but I can’t offer any explanation/solution. As said, personally never experienced this issue, albeit my amplification and source is very different to yours.
Old 11th January 2018, 02:09 PM

Hi Greg,
Let us know when you try the Batpure thingies with your Millenniums. I might try a pair. What´s to lose at that price ?
Old 1st April 2018, 08:57 PM

Hi,
Well I got some Batpures and I tried them yesterday. Stuck on the lower part of the Millennium face plate via the double sided tape and thin cables trailing back to the tweeter output terminals on my external crossovers 2.5m away, close to my amp. As people used to say back in my misspent youth “Whale, oil, beef, hooked” , they really work! Across the board. Everything is better in general : bass, space, air etc. Now, I know what is meant by “less grain”. My sound pixels have got closer together TO MY MISTREATED EARS. I doubt very much that anyone else would notice it unless they wear an anorak or have a couple of hours to waste getting used to the sound before so as to be in a fit state to appreciate the sound after.
In other words , at their price, a must, just like your favourite anorak. Just don’t try and make a living selling them. Now I just need to think of a stylish way of implementing their permanent “front row” presence. Anyone know of a safe way of prising my tweeters out of their rebates to be able to drill their face plates?

Last edited by VantheMan; 1st April 2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 1st April 2018, 09:56 PM
WD Archivist

Well done!

These things are interesting. What I have found is that they seem to make a difference which is difficult to identify but is immediately discernible as soon as you take them out of your system. Problem is, it seems to me they simple do no more than make a difference. I can’t actually say they make an improvement and listening with or without them does not seem to influence my satisfaction on listening to music. I am happy whether they are active or disconnected in my system, so the jury for me is out as to whether they are worth continuing with. I have a friend who has listened to them and comparing in and out of system, his view is that they simple alter the loading on the original tweeter which then alters the sound.

I’ve also had further thoughts. What wou.ld be the outcome if they are connected direcg to the speakercabkes before the crossover? That is also worth a try.

Only you can conclude if they are good for you.

I have sent you a PM.

Last edited by Greg.; 1st April 2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11th April 2018, 11:02 AM

I think the PO have just tried to deliver my BatPures, but couldn't because there is £16.23 custom's tax to pay!

Is this normal?

How do I appeal? (https://assets.publishing.service.go...510/bor286.pdf)

Grrh!

R

Last edited by Bonky; 11th April 2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11th April 2018, 12:35 PM

If they are sent from America yes, you need to pay. BOB
Old 11th April 2018, 03:30 PM
WD Archivist

Richard, asumming you bought from eBay, all those Taket Batpures come from Japan. You do not have to pay import duty because their value is below £135, however they are more than £15 which means you must pay import VAT, and Royal Mail or courier service will add their handling fee for your pleasure

I bought mine in the EU from a French supplier, thus avoiding (VAT already applied) these additional charges. http://www.ceresaudio.com/ceres_audio_005.htm
Old 14th April 2018, 10:40 PM

Just connected mine; can't really tell any difference, but will try again tomorrow.