World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 2nd May 2007, 12:44 AM
Will Cowen

Default Italia Post

A warning to all that may be buying or selling from and to Italy
DON’T because Italia Post is not what it used to be.
From my and many Ebayers experience it is totally
corrupt. Most sellers will not deal with Italy and now
they are stealing packages posted from Italy, they
dissapear without trace and it seems that the scam
is based on a internal postage form given to and filled
out by the seller instead of a international form and
then the address is changed.
Ciao Will.
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Italia Post

Hi Will,

I had noticed a lot of sellers refusing to sell to Italy, but wasn't sure why.

Thanks for the tip
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:00 AM

To date in the last year (twice) I have sent to Italy. Once I have received, but I too have noticed this 'won't trade with Italy' sort of thing.

Indeed, as I type, some Italian chappy is bidding two of my GM70 coppers - oh dear!

Is this the sort of thing that PayPal is supposed to insure against?
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

PayPal and eBay "Guarantees" are a con trick. I received an empty envelope from a seller in Holland and claimed from PayPal. After weeks of (correctly) jumping through hoops they still refused the claim as the seller had produced a post office receipt to show he'd posted the envelope! The receipt was dated 2 days after I'd started the claim, initially, for non-delivery. I'd also paid for insured post as part of the transaction but he'd not used an insured service either - so nothing back from anyone.
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, I see the scumbag is still up to his tricks and eBay have done nothing to stop him, check the last feedback, and it's only a neutral, I wouldn't like to get a neg from that guy
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew ivimey View Post
To date in the last year (twice) I have sent to Italy. Once I have received, but I too have noticed this 'won't trade with Italy' sort of thing.

Indeed, as I type, some Italian chappy is bidding two of my GM70 coppers - oh dear!

Is this the sort of thing that PayPal is supposed to insure against?
Ebay and Paypal won't protect you from anything.

On another note, over the last two weeks I've have over 16 of my listings removed.
I'm not allowed to put the word Slatedeck in any of my auctions as this will lead buyers to find my website they say. Thus leading to transactions outside Ebay. Since when did they have a hold on how I sell my goods and to who.

Basically, if you have a web site they don't want to know you any more unless you open an Ebay shop which is what they are trying to make me do.
Open an Ebay shop or we won't let you trade on the auctions.
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:08 AM

Richard,
One US company I deal with, refuses point blank to deal with New Zealand, citing either a totally corrupt or incompetent postal service.

I buy a lot of stuff from the States and with the exception of HAVE who have now changed their terms due to my threat of litigation re. not imforming me of postal charges before deducting from my C/C, I have only ever had totally positive results with buying from the States.

USPS - their service is superb - never buy anything via UPS/FED-EX - they are a total rip-off and they are slower as well.Buying product from Oregon (the other side of the States) is delivered here within 6/7 days, far quicker than from the UK to Spain.

I shall have one and maybe two sites up soon and no way will I have anything to do with Paypal. Collection of goods will require - passport, driving licence and a faxed security code, anyone who objects to these security measures I will not do business with, I have taken careful note of all the rip-offs Darren has suffered.

I have to say that the Spanish postal service is excellant - it's what the UK used to be like, years ago.
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:34 PM

its quite surprising how many people actually trust paypal

there was a few articles in the paper, sucking upto ebay, and saying how much you can trust them and trust paypal if it goes wrong, that you are protected.

hmmmm,

I am sure I mentioned they took money back from me to compensate others who had been ripped off from someone, just because my transaction wasn't protected. They knew exactly what they were doing, and really dragged it out with the police, just a trickle of information.

you can't even talk to them on the phone.

and stories of others are rife about when they hold cash in their accounts to pay for things, paypal take it, and it takes 6 months of slog to get it back.

they need hard investigating and regulating hard by the fsa. you can't trust them one inch

ebay are now too big for their boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren D View Post
I'm not allowed to put the word Slatedeck in any of my auctions as this will lead buyers to find my website they say. Thus leading to transactions outside Ebay. Since when did they have a hold on how I sell my goods and to who.
that's ridiculous, you can say that about any product, and ebay could say, sorry, it may mean people go and buy new, instead of getting ripped off by us here.

ie. if you have put a product name in. its getting really stupid

been saying for a while the bubble would burst due to many factors, fraud, commercial sellers, getting arrogant, sky high prices for some auctions ,whilst dead losses for others, and tons of hassle to list for no return...,m fees, you can go on....

I am also HIGHLY concerned about the nature of some of these companies who do business online, without premises, so to speak of.

common deplorable practise, is that managers aren't 'customer facing' ie cowards and can't be arsed with customers, so some poor goon who can't do sweet fa gets the flak. I had huge problems with plusnet with this, couldn't get solution to save my life due to the way it was set up.

now with ebay and paypal, its very very hard to even get to talk to anyone at all, then they simply confuse, obfuscate, its in the training, won't let you talk, try to talk around, no managers to speak to either, barely any premises.

with holding and getting so much cash, and just stored on computers, it would be easy for the bosses to shut the operation down, QFO with all the cash in paypal, and ebay, out to another country, its a big accident waiting to happen, and its all just stored on remote computers, so they can access it, but by the time the cops here get to know, they are long relocated, and can move around. its not beyond chance

Last edited by Ianm2; 2nd May 2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:24 PM
WD Archivist

Hi Ian,

This kind of thing is so prevelant today that you seriously can't expect the police to deal with it. We simply don't have the resources and often any dispute will fall into a 'civil debt' catagory. The police do not deal with Civil Law. We excersise powers exclusively under the CJS (Criminal Justice System).

However, strictly speaking, many of these disputes do have criminal elements, but without the resources to deal with them what can we do? Take your blame and challenge to the government please. The more of you that do, the better the likelihood of all of us getting some good service from the Police in such matters.

Much of this type of thing is similar to credit card fraud. Certainly a police responsibility because criminal dishonesty is obvious, but with our own poor resources and significantly a lack of willingness on the part of the card companies to address the problem, co-operate with us etc (they have their own investigation departments) don't expect much. Paypal may operate the same way. They clear their losses from crime through charges on the innocent customer. The level of interst you pay on a card account includes a percentage relating to the losses they expect to incur through criminal activity effecting the banking source. Likewise, your super markets set their product prices to allow for the losses they make through shop-lifting. Actually that is a realistic approach. If a super market were to detect a shop-lifter, they've recovered their goods albeit that the need to retain the evidence will porbably render it un-saleable. The undetected remains a complete financial loss which will be loaded on the legitimate customers bill. Obviously they are doing a good (clever) job here judging by their published profits.

Sorry guys, this is our world. If you don't like it, protest. People power does have an impact if you keep up a collective pressure. If you don't, nothing will change.

Best wishes,

Greg
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
Hi Ian,

This kind of thing is so prevelant today that you seriously can't expect the police to deal with it.

Greg
Isn't that true. And isn't it sad. And where will it stop. What are the Police for? What is the Law for? Why do we have laws if they are not enforced? When guns become too hard to control will they be legalised along with drugs? A 12 year old girl was shot by her brother yesterday