World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 2nd March 2007, 11:44 PM
WD Archivist

Default Re: Bristol Show 23 24 25 Feb 2007 - World Designs and Slatedeck!!

Hi Steve,

Credit where credit is due. Your horns are brilliant and so easily driven from a low wattage source as well by an amp with more power. Maybe you and Peter could do a bit of marketing collaboration?

Best wishes,

Greg
Old 3rd March 2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Bristol Show 23 24 25 Feb 2007 - World Designs and Slatedeck!!

Really hard to believe a week has gone by since the show. Nice to meet Greg, Darren and Doctor John in the Printers Devil. I think I enjoyed this year's show the most compared to the last 6 years.

The WD stand was excellent as always but with the added bonus of the slatedeck plinths and rack, superb job and sounds here.

The Linn LP12 comparison between old and new was a very odd experience, I visited the stand in the afternoon catching the sounds of Echo and the Bunnymen and ZZ Top, the demonstrator then went through his LPs and shouted out a few bands and Rush was mentioned. As a Rush fan I shouted out "Yes Rush", the LP track played was from a later album than I would have preferred, but frankly, I could not stand the shallow light sound, it should have sounded rich and deep so I walked out after collecting a free T Shirt.

I was pleased to buy some vinyl from Stamford Audio - 3 LPs for £30, not too bad a deal considering Lamb Lies Down on Broadway by Genesis was over £40, I bought LPs by Fat, Lord Sutch and Gracious.

Best sounds? WD of course, and a surprise was the Flying Mole demo using their small 20W/Ch amp, I didn't think it sounded at all bad, perfect for a small room.

Basil