Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 4th May 2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Italia Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSfarzo View Post
Hi Will and all the others guy of this thread,

1) I do not know if Luca is quite a common name in Italy because I do not like wasting my time in reading silly statistics.. anyway:
2) I always have payed what I buy and I am sure i did not bought anything from you.

3) Sometimes I think it is better to be sure that the link between the mind and the fingertips (using the keyboard) is on before posting some stupid messages.

4) I was used to think that this forum was a pleasant and useful place before reading this thread and before descovering that some guys indulge too much, for my taste, in telling things that they do not even know at all.

5) I love, as everybody does, the land he lives in and like all places you will find good and bad things and I do not like people prating of my land though they would only tell of real matters because here exist good and bad things.

6) I Think it is too easy to say "in Italy do not buy or sell because postal system is not good or all italians are thieves or that in Reggio Calabria they steal the wheels from your cars..." but most of those sentences, I think, can be applied to all the countries where we live in and many more worst could be applied, too!

7) Please, everybody, take a look at the timber in your eyes before pointing at the little defect in the other's eye (excuse me for the trivial translation..)

Best regards.
Luca Sfarzo
7) It's not timber, but "plank" Luca.....

Kind of makes your point perfectlly tho.....I agree Luca, I think Italy is a great place, rich and diverse in culture, art, history, science, architecture and philosophy. However, some members here, and on other forums and auction sites have had genuine problems with your postal system. It is happening in the UK also. Postal workers are given more and more work and the working conditions are getting poorer. This leads to temptation. More and more high value items are being sent around the world using standard postal services. Is it any wonder that as a result, the service has problems.

ONE LOVE

Last edited by BOONDI; 4th May 2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 4th May 2007, 12:08 PM

Luca,

We all have these problems wherever we live. Nobody is getting at you personally.
It used to be Korea that everyone avoided, but you don't see that banded about anymore.

I'm sure Italy is a wonderful place, one day I may get the chance to visit myself.
Old 4th May 2007, 01:26 PM

yes the british revenue raising system is corrupt through and through. can't raise taxes, so they get money off you by any means possible now, and every parasite is in on the game.

most people still don't believe or don't want to, that its corrupt

and that this is where their cash is going and why there are fines left right and centre for trivialities.

even thinking up green taxes as they won't let us fly cheaply, but its really to pay the parasites and masters of bull.

this is a cut of an unaltered email from someone on the inside:

It's Ten Billion Pounds a year. Read 'Plundering the Public Sector'
by David Craig.. They need the money to help pay the fortunes they
have committed to in IT projects, PFI's and mortgaging off the
National Health Service.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plundering-P...8281947&sr=8-1

enough raising awareness, people only tolerate so much, isolated voices calling in the wilderness are easily drowned out by spin , and tube amps are much more fun

Last edited by Ianm2; 4th May 2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 4th May 2007, 02:46 PM

my experience is that if people want to/are addicted to take(ing) drugs they will take them wether they are legal or not. it's a sad fact that this is the case even when taking them has a bad effect on theirs and others lives ( although taking drugs doesn't necessarily mean they will have a negative impact ).

people often stop when they decide that's what they want to do. they may or may not want/need encouragement and support to do this. often drug use happens because thats what their friends are doing.

heroin use in my locality (and i suspect nationaly) is now quite rare in the younger age group (under 21s) whereas in the past it has been much higher. why is this ? because it's no longer fashionable. availability just isn't an issue

based on this i would say one of the best ways to do this is through advertising. just think about how drink driving is now much rarer. is it because you might get caught? when was the last time you were breathalysed ? i think it's because it's no longer socially accepted. awareness/non-deceptive scare tactics work wonders

i think criminalisation often has a negative impact. these people need integrating into society, not alienating from it even more. not only would this benefit them, it will also benefit us
Old 4th May 2007, 04:48 PM

Not in the same league as Heroin, but I've been off the fags for two weeks now.

And I can tell you this much, it's not easy. Not easy at all.
But I'm happy to say it is starting to be less of a strain than it was at the start.

If I find myself suffering with just plain old nicotine then anyone coming off hard drugs has my sympathy and support.

It's all too easy to knock others for what we wouldn't do ourselves, but we all do something wrong on a habitual basis. Even cutting speed in a 30mph limit is a a major problem for some.

There needs to be more support and less bitchin.
Just my opinion of course.
Old 4th May 2007, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Hi All
I have to agree with Darren
I am also trying the kick the smoking habit this is not an easy think to do I have a ten week course of the nicotine patched to help but you have to set your self a target of when to start which you always brake for some resin or other

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 5th May 2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSfarzo View Post
Hi Will and all the others guy of this thread,

6) I Think it is too easy to say "in Italy do not buy or sell because postal system is not good or all italians are thieves or that in Reggio Calabria they steal the wheels from your cars..." but most of those sentences, I think, can be applied to all the countries where we live in and many more worst could be applied, too!

Best regards.
Luca Sfarzo
Luca - you are of course correct; there is good and bad to be found everywhere and I don't suppose that Italy is very different from many other places but it has to be admitted that from time to time, things do go astray, including the Calabrian wheels - it was from my car that they were stolen, causing me to miss the ferry to Valetta so I can vouch for the authenticity of the story. I can also vouch for the singularly indifferent attitude evinced by the Policia/Carabinieri on this occasion.

I think Ianm2 has put the case very well. Perhaps you are being a little too sensitive? Ancora, Forza Italia!

Richard.