World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 4th May 2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: TDA1541A I/V conversion

Hi Ian,

The VBE's are quite good, I found the mosfets a little heavy and slow in the bass for me although it may be just down to system matching, I've tried both Darlington and Sziklai pairs too, all three sound different

I agree regarding the 6c45pi, it may be a little much for you if your finding the ECC88 stage bright enough.

Regarding using Thorstens circuit on the AD844's output, well I'm not sure tbh, you may have to keep an eye on the gain and do some adjustments but it should work although if you want to use Thorstens ECC88 you may as well just stick with passive I/V.
If I was you and to first keep things easy why not try out the coupling cap on the AD844's pin6 and feed it straight to your Pre/amp like in the schematic, its even less parts and you can always add bits onto it like an optional buffer on pin5, the AD844's internal buffer isn't bad I intend on adding two output pairs so I'll have the choice to use either the AD844's internal buffer or the optional discrete one

Some pictures of your cases would be great, if your wanting to sell any... I'm fine with the electronics side but bloody useless regarding cases

Cheers,
Leo
Old 7th May 2007, 08:24 PM
IDM 2A3

Hi

I have ordered the parts for the AD844 based I/V conversion and will try it in different combinations. The only thing I am missing are the 2SK170BL's. The only source so far has a minimum order of 10. Does anyone know cheap UK supply?

With regard to making cases, I don't think my metalwork is up to much and you would have long given up building audio gear by the time I delivered, I am afraid with other pressure in life I work on a geological timescale! I do have some photos but the file sizes are too large to attach so I will have to find another way of getting them available for viewing.

Cheers

Ian
Old 9th May 2007, 10:20 AM

I found these for the 2sk170 http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...bstring=2sk170

Good luck with the build and let us know how you get on

Don't worry about the cases, its a common problem over here, I'm surprised no company's in the UK have not taken advantage of supplying some decent cheap cases to the public
Old 9th May 2007, 03:14 PM
IDM 2A3

I will give Cricklewood Electronics a ring about the 2sk170.

I have now uploaded a couple of photos of the CD player case prior to the electronics being added the photos should be accessible at:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa275/tda1541a/

I will post the completed CD player head unit when I next pull it out of the rack.

Cheers.

Ian