World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > WD Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WD Loudspeakers For discussion of World Designs Loudspeakers

Old 11th July 2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Wd25t (&a)

that's a very honest answer from peter, respect.
Old 12th July 2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Wd25t (&a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianm2 View Post

I haven't found any speakers below 12" that do that, you really need big 15s and 18s, esp. in a horn
. . . Jensen 600, Altec 604, Tannoy pre 1974 . . .

Right on, Brother! Oh frabjous day! Calloo callay! Company at last! It's lonely out in the sonic wilderness . . . Thank you, Ian. Given the predictability of my views in these matters, a response to this was guaranteed.

As an irrelevant aside, I have just returned from an inspection of a pair of Tannoy "Imperial Court" cabinets. This was a model unknown to me but I gather it was conceived for the Tannoy-mad Japanese market but after the fabrication of a few prototypes, it was realised that the cost of shipping these brutes from Scotland to Japan probably would exceed the value of the product and the idea was scrapped. 60" X 33" x 24" would certainly soak up the P&P budget.

They appeared to be a hybrid horn but vastly inferior to the much earlier "Autograph".

All of which has little to do with the apparent inability to reconcile the opposing factors of size/affordability and sonic purity of speakers. I suspect one has to accept the mutual exclusivity of these and go for the most marketable compromise if one wishes to continue eating and in production. The clever thing is to define that area of the market which will allow you eat better.