World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > Members > BB Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BB Problems Report and Reply on any problems using this Bulletin Board

Closed Thread

Old 9th October 2007, 12:20 AM

Default Dispute !

Hi-i am trying to advise a forum member who has purchased an item from one of our regular contributors that does not seem to match the description given.
He has contacted the seller with information given by the supposed manufacturer who refutes the item as one of his products,but still the seller is insistant of its origin and now refuses to answer the complainants e-mails.
I did manage to persuade the complainant to withdraw a post making this allegation public,feeling that the sellers sense of "fair play" would enable the matter to be brought to an amicable conclusion,but this has not proved to be the case.
I have deliberately not named names but feel its a bad day if "one of us" is not acting in a fair and just manner !
Would both parties agree to an independent person,in possession of all the relevant details, acting as an arbitrator
If so,who ?

Philip

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 9th October 2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Dispute !

Well it was myself, no point in beating about the bush.

this is a copy of a PM I sent to philip, telling my side of the story, verbatim.

They were sold to myself, from the USA, being described as MQ, and coming from one of the welborne labs kits, I think I have the circuit, and was going to forward it to george, when I can lay my hands on it.

It is I believe from the laurel 300b, and at that time, welborne were known to use MQ.

The physical design matches mq exactly, from the shape of the shrouds down to the brass screws and bolts.

George has still not taken a proper picture and shown to mr mq himself, not for want of asking him to.

I am based upon the history of the tx's and physical shape convinced they are mq., and have in no way knowingly mislead george. I say that, as of the doubt may now exist about my reputation in this matter, and have given the comprehensive reasons.

Add to that the fact now george has spread my name and private correspondance all over OTHER (added here, not meaning WD) sites, I am less inclined to be helpful to him, as you can appreciate, such underhand methods, and reproducing my private mails have not done him favours, quite the opposite, (ADDED HERE, indeed if they are subsequently proved to be MQ, George will have libelled me and defamaed my character publicly, for which I would be justified to seek damages for.)

(ADDED: which is why I am no longer in communication with him, add to that he is very trigger happy and expects and answer within hours of the email, after which a barrage more ensues, with no thought as to whether a person is away, or has computer problems, or simply not at the computer for a while)

I am convinced they are mq and wouldn't misell them, this is a true and accurate account.
----------------------
end of pm.

Based on my inability to now take a pic. as I am no longer in possession, george has to take a photo.

I am still not enclined to communicate with george now, as of 1/ failing to post a decent pic., and 2/ making known private emails with names in, without prior consent. 3/ He has had them a while, and I have no idea what state they will return in.

however, I will be happy to have him post a decent pic. of the tx's for all to see here, and compare it with an MQ design.

I trust others apart from the pic judgment will not become partisan in this, and leave this to the good sense of the mods. to decide if this thread is wise.

Last edited by Ianm2; 9th October 2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:51 PM

Hi Ian-my personal view is that it should be up to you to prove they are what you say rather than George to prove they are not !

From what Magnaquest have told George they would seem NOT to be of their manufacture.

I know you dispute that,but it does not make you right.

No one is saying you "conned" George but the way you have handled this dispute does not seem very fair.

You prove they are what you say-or i challenge you to do the honourable thing and give him his money back.

Philip

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 9th October 2007, 11:45 PM

I really don't think this is a thing to be discussing on a public forum,

it is a dispute between 2 people and should be conducted by PM or email,

it is not for us to say what should or should not happen,

Old 9th October 2007, 11:46 PM
Will Cowen

Magnaquest have said nothing.
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6937.html
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6938.html
Old 9th October 2007, 11:58 PM

hi ian , pete,

It 's really clear. That is not Mq transformer, please look at the MQ forum

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6937.html

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6924.html

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6924.html

MIKe is really clear that is not a MQ please read

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6969.html

I have asked three times to MIKE about you transformer, and two photo, the rely can see on MQ forum, it may be a EQ transformer.

Ian , if you still insist that is a mq transformer and fair, i cannot say any
thing.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

I assume these were some of the TXs Ian was advertising on this BB a few weeks ago and not bought by other means.

Who must prove what is surely a tricky thing. One might expect the onus to be on the seller but if eBay is anything to go by then the buyer has to show the goods are not as described. (I have been though their lengthy process including getting expert witness statements for a wrongly described item I received.)

I hope Ian and George can work this out. If MQ have asked for a photo that seems a possible next step. If George is not able to do this, or is still not happy for another reason, then returning them and paying the carriage both ways is often offered by sellers and Ian might wish to consider it in order to settle this amicably.

The thread will be left open to give George a right of reply but it would be much better if Ian and George can sort this out in private.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbar View Post
hi ian , pete,

It 's really clear. That is not Mq transformer, please look at the MQ forum

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/ma...ages/6969.html

I.
Hi- that link seems conclusive proof that Ian is wrong !

Philip

Old 10th October 2007, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

OK, I take it that George is Fishbar, he and Ian have both said their pieces, and we can read the links to the MQ forum.

I suggest we leave it there and trust they will sort it out. Let's close this thread and hope we hear of a positive outcome if the subject is raised again.
Closed Thread