World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Is what it is all about

Old 23rd February 2010, 04:55 PM

Default Ozric Tentacles

This band has to be my No1 source of listening pleasure. I find that their particular brand of jazz influenced space rock sends me into a distant semi conscious state after about ten minutes of listening and for me, this is what music and Hi-Fi is all about. In my opinion, the Ozrics earlier recordings, based around Pungent Effulgent and Erpland, contain their finest messages with their later drum machine based stuff being slightly more techno. I shall however never knock anything they do, so biased am I.

A couple of weeks ago I changed my Denon DL160 cartridge back to my ‘spares box’ Ortofon OM30 Super and Christ am I pleased I have. One of the main ingredients with the Ozrics is their powerful use of spacey reverb and it is here where the Ortofon excels. The sparkle and shimmer this cartridge has put back into the treble is astounding. The Ozrics now sound so organic and real.

I do hope that this band continue to produce music of their previous calibre as they have had their fare share of problems with folks leaving and record companies abandoning them. It would be nice see them continue for another twenty years.
Original 2008F HDCD Player modified for UK mains: Beresford Caiman: Technics SL1210 MkII/Ortofon OM30 Super/Audioref mat/Aluminium puck: Croft Micro 25 Basic Pre: Croft Series 7 Power: Dali Suite 2.8 Loudspeakers: Van Den Hul D102HB Mk III Interconnects: NVA LS5 Loudspeaker Cables:

Secret Lust: VPI Scout II/Sumiko Blackbird:

Shaunie Boy