World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Is what it is all about

Old 15th August 2011, 04:49 PM

Default John Martyn Heaven and Earth

I finally bought this CD after holding out for a long time . This is a real bitter sweet album . I have loved John Martyn since his early albums and followed him throughout his career . I have seen him live on many occasions and walked out more than once when he was too wasted or drunk to perform. However on a good night when he was flying it was magical and for these he was one of the top livee acts I have ever seen .

However this is the last album he recorded just before his death and this is probably the last quality recordings I will ever hear from John(there may well be others but they are likely to be unfinished or even pieces he never wanted released) .

So listening to this makes me very sad but happy that it is a good piece of wrok from John with that amazing funky , jazzy soulful mix that he seemed to be able to conjure up at will. If you like John then you will love this album if not then I doubt this is going to convince you .

Thanks John for the music you made and left.
The world has lost a very individual and luminous soul and is now that little les bright having lost you.