World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > DIY Projects > Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sources Your DIY source designs (turntables etc.)

Old 22nd February 2014, 08:38 PM
WD Archivist

Default Audiomods arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevensee View Post
I run an Ortofon Rondo Bronze on an Audiomods (what a thing of beauty!) on an Orbe. It sounds very good indeed.
I know I'm taking this off topic but I thought It worth adding my agreement to your point about the Audiomods arm being a thing of beauty and a very fine sounding (giant killing) arm.

Audiomods proprietor, Jeff Spall is a gentleman as well. I have a fairly early Classic arm model which I recently returned to him for a new wiring loom. When Jeff returned my arm, it was like a brand new product. He charged me for the new loom, but free of charge, upgraded the rest of the arm to Mk4 spec, including replacement vertical bearing, replacement horizontal bearing, stainless steel arm rest and the upgraded VTA adjustment finger lock. He also took into account the increased mass of my latest cartridge and therefore increased the mass of the counterweight. Furthermore, included was a selection of spare parts I might need in the future, a set of pages that constitute the very best set up instructions I have ever read in one place. The arm was returned in a nice wooden presentation box complete with my own unique ownership label on the lid, and a personalised label to the underside of the arm plate. Fantastic. I'm chuffed to bits!

Greg

Last edited by Greg.; 22nd February 2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Phono 3 with 5751 valves

Congrat's Greg, and Yes, I totally agree. Jeff is brilliant. He send mine to Denmark, and it arrived nicely. The arm is a true giant slayer.
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Phono 3 with 5751 valves

Ha! That's funny, I thought the same thing about taking the thread off topic...
I recently bought a new mkV version (with the 251 larger diameter arm tube and new yoke design). I ordered it after seeing Dom Harper's one (and his recommendation). I agree, it is a thing of beauty. An engineers dream! Dom will be fitting it to my TT in the next few weeks!