World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > WD Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WD Loudspeakers For discussion of World Designs Loudspeakers

Old 22nd February 2014, 02:23 PM

Default Be careful when storing WD25 woofers ?

The paper cones on my WD25Ts are of course made by Seas and I have experienced the same problem with both of them; namely that they have become unstuck from the "collar" thingy(voice coil former ?????) that surrounds the voice coil. I am pretty sure this will be due to their having been stored unprotected in a spare drawer in an office desk for around a year before finally building the boxes and also the actual cone itself has also formed a sort of meandering varicose vein-like crease from the dust cover outward. This doesnīt appear to affect things and I have been able to reglue them using a sort of mix made up of tissue paper and diluted PVA glue which seems to have worked OK although I donīt know how long for.

My reason for posting is to warn people that these paper cones need a bit of care and attention when storing. Of course temperatures where I live (the Canaries) can be a bit savage in the summer so maybe that has something to do with it
I know that Falcon Acoustics stock replacements and I shall probably get round to ordering a pair as spares shortly.
Old 23rd November 2014, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Be careful when storing WD25 woofers ?

I fitted my new bass-mid cones from falcon this weekend and after just 6 sides at lowish volume, the improvement is quite obvious. Bass is much more present and agile. They sounded very good before, now they are better still. Especially at lower volume the bass is much easier to follow although at the same time it is faster. Chuffed.