World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > DIY Projects > Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sources Your DIY source designs (turntables etc.)

Old 9th June 2020, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Squeezer 1.5.1 App on Android 8

Ah, not to worry. worth a try, it may simply not work on whatever version you have. My mate bought a new BMW a couple of years ago and still hasn't got the radio and sat nav working. He said it's so bloody complicated and he needed a bright 12 year old to sort it out but the ones round his way would probably mug him
Old 9th June 2020, 11:14 PM

Well, thanks to three persistant helpers I now have control of the touch from my W10 laptop, and my office PC, which is all I really wanted.

At some time in the future I will try again on the tablet, and Chromebook, because I need to learn Android ways, and I don't like being defeated.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 10th June 2020, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Fantastic!
Old 10th June 2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Ah, not to worry. worth a try, it may simply not work on whatever version you have. My mate bought a new BMW a couple of years ago and still hasn't got the radio and sat nav working. He said it's so bloody complicated and he needed a bright 12 year old to sort it out but the ones round his way would probably mug him
My Honda CRV had got a double DIN sized radio/CD/Satnav/reversing camera unit, and the handbook for that unit is pretty thick, and that's only for the English version.

When I got the car I couldn't find the CD player, seems you push a button and the screen swivels out, with the CD slot, and Satnav disc slot behind it.

I wonder how many drivers really understand much more than the basics of what this technology can do ?

Jeans mum has got a really expensive Sony smart TV, but she's no idea how to make anything other than basics work.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 29th June 2020, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
Yes, Richard, it would be good for the BBC to upgrade their output to flac standard. Shouldn’t be that difficult when so many others manage to do it without the benefit of the funding they have at their disposal. Which leads me on to say that although I don’t know the capability of squeezebox, Radio Paradise is now available in flac (lossless) for all their four streams of Main mix, Eclectic mix, Mellow mix and Rock mix. It really is a fantastic mainly interference (no advertising) free service with all streams playing music I like to listen to. I like it so much, I give a voluntary monthly subscription to help them keep going. Possibly the best online music radio service out there at the moment, obviously IMHO.

https://radioparadise.com/home

Radio Paradise App for SBT

Hi again Greg, all, a quick update,

It seems I'm a couple of years behind with this but Radio Paradise is available with all their 4 music types in 3 formats including FLAC, all with artwork, via the Squeezebox App. It presently shows as v3.1.0.

It can be loaded via LMS server control panel >Advanced>Advanced Settings>Plugins

If it isn’t there tick to update the plugins list automatically at the bottom of the plugins page...

Anyway, I installed it and logged on in Advanced>pull down>Radio Paradise (not sure if that was needed or not) and lo and behold, the Radio Paradise App now comes up in My Apps on Squeezer - brilliant - thanks to Michael Herger and others for their great support for this player
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:39 PM
WD Archivist

Good result, Richard. Glad you like it. I used SqueezePad with my iPad to control it when I was using my RPi Server and later, microRendu server through Roon. Now of course, it’s just Roon into Devialet. I find the whole Paradise Radio experience really good. Must have spent five hours listening to it today as I went about doing other stuff. I find it is great for that sort of thing although it is no slouch if you just want to sit down and listen.
Old 22nd January 2021, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Squeezer is now V 2.2.1 and is the best yet. All the Apps are there now, with Tune In, Soma, Paradise etc