World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 23rd February 2010, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Quality of CD Reproduction

Back in 1980something I used to own a Cambridge CD2 whilst it was still in the hands of Stan Curtis and he thoughtfully put an error LED on the front panel. This LED would flash when the CD2 processed a fault on the disc. The problem with this system was that it made one extremely paranoid about discs. It got to the point where I would hold up my brand new CD's to the light and checkout all of the pin holes in the foil. This was done before I had even played the damn things and this was back in '88 so this is nothing new. These days I just can't be bothered anymore. I prefer vinyl.
Original 2008F HDCD Player modified for UK mains: Beresford Caiman: Technics SL1210 MkII/Ortofon OM30 Super/Audioref mat/Aluminium puck: Croft Micro 25 Basic Pre: Croft Series 7 Power: Dali Suite 2.8 Loudspeakers: Van Den Hul D102HB Mk III Interconnects: NVA LS5 Loudspeaker Cables:

Secret Lust: VPI Scout II/Sumiko Blackbird:

Shaunie Boy
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOONDI View Post
Gentlemen, Disks are dead and there is so much music, video and other info on the internet that consumers are dazzled by the options.
Dazzled? I'm totally blinded.

I might just as well shoot myself now; and things have got worse since I rushed out to W H Smith to grab the latest edition of The Lancet.

Judge, if you will, of my disappointment after many scourings of the contents to find no reference to Baggy's Dermatological Skin Syndrome. I was sure this discovery would merit at least a major editorial contribution and probably a trip to Helsinki but not a peep. It seems that the British medical establishment is as reactionary as ever and the pharmaceutical industry again is failing to recognise a huge marketing opportunity. If my modest collection of CDs exhibits such a high incidence of epidermal sarcoma, the national, indeed international proportions must exceed the pandemic.

Numbers sufficient to launch a class action against you-know-who.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:38 PM

Baggy old chap....

Much like your very deserved Nobel Prize, I think a class action is long overdue.

However, I think that it would be easier to squeeze the entire "law team" for Sony and Phillips through one of your pinholes mate.

P.S. Do I and the team here, get a mention in this forthcoming Zurich junket???

I dibs "shotgun"; on the grounds that I really would pull the trigger, and put a little buckshot into the little corporate silvery(or bronzed) buttocked execs who sold us a pup.......

ONE LOVE