World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Old 2nd June 2022, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Return of Heybrook

Hi Col, I wouldn't let new prices spoil your hobby. I've long done swapping boxes and think most of 2 channel has already peaked so use your experience to buy secondhand and build stuff to suit your own taste as usual
Old 3rd June 2022, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Return of Heybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Hi Col, I wouldn't let new prices spoil your hobby. I've long done swapping boxes and think most of 2 channel has already peaked so use your experience to buy secondhand and build stuff to suit your own taste as usual
Hi Richard /All
Yes your right
I still have parts in boxes for projects’ I intended to build on the solid-state amplifier side clue here JLH the F5 but got distracted from them with Valves.
I Am also looking at the idea of Rebuilding my J.E labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66 as mono Blocks as I already have all the iron in boxes ready to go
And as I will start to draw down my state pension this month I will have enough to keep me busy

On buying new gear

I am considering this soon and looking Dreamingat the idea of a CD transport and Dac the Audiolab 6000CDTcome to mind here with some sort of Dac And New speaker maybe the Wharfedale as I grow up with their sound possibles are the Diamond 12.0s or EVO 4.1s as both still have the sensitivity to still work well with the J.E.labs amp. in my room and allowing me to use any amp I have
PS. Not sure on this yet but open to members ’suggestions on all new gear at these price points
My local Dealer
https://www.holburnonline.co.uk/
colin

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member

Last edited by colin.hepburn; 3rd June 2022 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added to Text