World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > For Sale/Wanted > Suppliers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suppliers Recommended Component Suppliers (and the ones to be avoided)

Old 16th September 2018, 11:19 AM

Default Re: huanshop2015

Greg,
has it right - there is no substitute for research before buying. I am awaiting delivery of two items from my wife's niece in the UK.Why - rip-off postal charges to France. 2 x BNC plugs - postage in the UK - 98p, postage to France £10.61 + 90p for the second.

Brought this matter up via Ebay/mail. Told the seller I would have the items posted to a UK address. Without consulting me the seller cancelled the order telling me I would have to pay via the huge rip-off Global Shipping Programme. He explained that he would haver to pay Ebay - 95p. So Ebay were going to charge a total of £10.86.

I sent him another Ebay/mail - why didn't he take care of shipping himself. Next day I looked at the item on Ebay - shipping only to the UK and the postage was now £1.

I also bought 2 x aluminium cartridge screws (part of lowering effective arm mass) postage - free in the UK but to France - £3.60.

So, if I was a chump I would have paid out £15 + , as it happens my wife's niece has sent the two items with tracking. @ £2.80

Just had a packet from China - 25 3mm plastic stand-offs @ 99p post free.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:28 PM

Oh dear,
received the wire from China - wound very small and badly, presumably to keep the package/price as small as possible. The larger gauge wire was discoloured, both lots will need cleaning before coating with diluted pro-Gold.

Left negative feedback. I'm sure with finished products they will be delivered properly. Large gauge wire can be very useful especially for point-to-point work (my intended purpose) obviously don't use this company for loose product - caveat emptor.
Old 10th October 2018, 03:23 PM

Well, I rest my case Stuart, . Bob
Old 11th October 2018, 02:19 PM

On one cheap negative buy, which I can still use after cleaning. If I had bought the same wire from the UK the postage would have been x 3 times more expensive and that would'nt include the cost of the item.

The last fridge/freezer we bought and made in the UK (97) was very well designed with a zero degree veg compartment, that really kept the veg in great condition. I bought it because it had a separate Tx for each section, which I was advised by an electrician friend was a good idea.

After 6 months both the Txs stopped functioning. It transpired that the Tx sub-contractor had'nt bothered to check the product before shipping or had no final inspection dept. nor the manufacturer had no goods in inspection procedure - all in the short sighted more profit mentality - made in Britain

I once worked for a company called Gross Cash Registers. They were one of the first companies to make electronic tills. They had a huge order from South America - Chile/Venezuela/Brazil. When the machines came up to final inspection from the production line - they would'nt turn over, they were that badly built. the quality control chief was a spiv in a flash suit. Just one of the problems was a 'lock out bar'. It should have been made from a high tensile steel - it was'nt.

I was allowed 1m.49 seconds for my total check - I actually took between 47-49 seconds. He came up to see what that particular problem was and spent the next 1h. 38 minutes to get this bar to work. When i laughed at how long he'd taken he asked what was the solution - my answer - throw out the lot, order high tensile steel, he refused to do that.

It cost the company a fortune in engineer call-outs, they got no more orders and eventually the company went bust - what a surprise - made in Britain.
Old 11th October 2018, 03:02 PM

With regard to the fridge, and I quote, there is no substitute for research before buying. . Bob
Old 12th October 2018, 09:52 AM

Bob,
that's called denial syndrome your engaging in. This was before we had a computer and before forums for anything were in use.

Befoe we left Spain (2009) we bought a Leibherr freezer - what a star buy it's been. It's big and it uses between 69-72 W.

We were looking to buy a new fridge, amazing but nowhere on the planet can you buy a fridge with (a) really good insulatio or (b) horizointal (like a freezer) access. In the process I researched user reviews for fridges and freezers,we are thinking of buying a second one.

T o my surprise Liebherr now has a bad name, it seems it's outsourced production to a third party and the quality has completely gone.

When it's available there is no substitute for research - when it's available.
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:56 PM

Bob,
just got an Ebay email from huanshop 2015 offering me a full refund if i will modify my feedback - I rest my case.
Old 23rd October 2018, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

He only wants good feedback he will still sell the wire as is been there got the tshirt sorry just my view on these thing not only with china

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 24th October 2018, 09:27 AM

They sell **** product but have good feedback. Surely that is totally corrupting the whole point of the feedback system.
Unless they "allow" you to say the goods were **** BUT they were good to deal with, this basically perpetuating the situation of more customers getting misled into buying duff product by the good feedback.......

Just like you were Stuart!!

Just my opinion obviously, Phil.
Old 24th October 2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stuart View Post
Bob,
just got an Ebay email from huanshop 2015 offering me a full refund if i will modify my feedback - I rest my case.
I don't think you can alter feedback once it is presented Stuart. Just going to have a rest now because I have no cases, took them to the tip this morning. Bob