World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 21st March 2006, 11:23 PM

Default Re: WAD Kits and Spares back on sale (almost).

Hi all,

This is excellent news - no doubt about that. Also acquiring the documentation for WAD amps could prove to be very useful indeed.
One thing I am quite concerned about is the old WAD Forum. As I write this, there are just under 42000 posts there. Who is looking after this server? Who is paying for it? Who owns it?.........can anything be done to ensure that all of this valuable information is kept on-line for many years to come?

Neil.
Audio-Note CD2.1x/AN-V i/c. Audio-Note M1 with A-N Copper PIO caps & AN-V wire, WAD KaT6550, NAD C368 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier with BluOS - Mountain Snow Atlas 2 speaker cable. Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 804
Old 22nd March 2006, 08:13 AM

Don't worry about the knowledge on the old forum, the same old things rotate over a 3 year cycle. Anything that was there will come up again, and has been said before.
Old 28th March 2006, 02:17 PM

Well done Peter and thnx. It is good to know I can order some spares when you are ready to put them on the market
Old 5th April 2006, 07:38 AM

Talking Re: WAD Kits and Spares back on sale (almost).

Hi Peter et al,

Excellent news indeed!

I was, I suppose, fortunate in that I was just about to take my first steps in valve audio kit construction when I was advised of "Problems" at WAD and so I held back. Fortunate that I didn't get involved in any losses or misery during the demise of WAD but unfortunate in that my desire to build a valve amp has been at least temporarily frustrated!

I'll be very interested to see which of the WAD kits you are able to return to the market (just noticed a cople in your catalogue already - well done).

In the short term my interest lies in a KT88 / 6550 power amp, either stereo or monoblocs, is there any likeliehood of such a thing being resurrected from the old WAD stock or should I be patient and wait for the new Andy Grove KT88 - if so any idea when it's likely to become available?

Best regards and best of luck with the WD venture

Dave
Old 5th April 2006, 01:37 PM

We're hoping to kick it off in HFW next month but it will take three months to complete the construction.

In the meantime keep watching the catalogue to see what we can resurrect from the WAD stock.
Old 5th April 2006, 02:38 PM
WD Archivist

Excellent service from World Designs. Ordered a book late Monday and it arrived this morning (Wednesday). Thank-you.

Best wishes,

Greg
Old 5th April 2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercom
We're hoping to kick it off in HFW next month but it will take three months to complete the construction.

In the meantime keep watching the catalogue to see what we can resurrect from the WAD stock.
Thanks Peter,

I'll watch both the catalogue and the magazine with keen interest,

cheers

Dave
Old 5th April 2006, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up Re: WAD Kits and Spares back on sale (almost).

Hi-yes,good service.

i ordered some terminal panels for my Adire crossover "box" and only took 2 days.a very promising start.

Philip
Old 3rd May 2006, 01:14 PM

I was also 'fortunate' to miss ordering an amp kit during the decline of WAD. As an owner of a WAD HD83 headphone amp (any newbie browsers thinking they'd like to dip their toe in the DIY kit market would be well advised to try the HD83, it's an easy build, sounds amazing and is available from WD right now), and having also picked up a 2nd hand WAD KLPP1 pre-amp I was just waiting for the moment my bank account would stretch to a WAD power amp.

The bank account is now okay, but in the meantime WAD has gone. I'm currently wondering whether to go the extra mile for the monoblocks or wait to see which other models become available from WD. So I'll also go on record as another enthusiast who is prepared to put his money where his mouth is. WAD is dead. Long live World Designs!!
Old 3rd May 2006, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHolt
Yes, thank you Peter.

I've also emailed for parts - so it seems many of us are interested.

Rob,
Hi All
I have received My Phono II PCBs And have emailed for more info and parts for the PhonoII Is great news about the WAD spares But i think we all should put the old WAD problems to rest and concentrate on WDs up and success and give them all ower support
Colin

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member