World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 21st January 2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: WithamFest07

I would just like to say a very big 'thank you' to all that attended over the 2 days,it is a pleasure to host this event as i get to meet up with known friends,and make new ones too

Apologies for falling ill on Saturday evening,bloody cucumber

Hope you all made it home safely,look forward to meeting up with you all again soon

Kindest Regards

Martin

P.S. Peter,perhaps this should be in the 'General' section,perhaps as 'post Withamfest 2'? It would follow on from the original thread then.

P.P.S. Steve S,would you happen to have an ECL86 you could help me out with please,Rogers is poorly
Old 21st January 2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks also from me to martin and Sam for a great day.
I thought the room was much better....especially with the adjoining bar!

really good to see you all and catch up.
Some fantastic items on show and played....really great.
I always come away in awe....and with plenty of ideas...and dreams!

Thanks again

Regards
Gerry
Old 21st January 2007, 10:06 PM

Hi-can i add my thanks to Martin and Sam,great hosts.Nothing was too much trouble to make our stay comfortable.

It was good to meet up with those i have met before,and to put " faces" to those i had not seen before.

Special thanks to Paul Barker for picking up my speakers from Ed in Hull.

Philip

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 21st January 2007, 11:32 PM

Thanks to Martin and Sam from me as well.
Interesting day, as they always are.
Only thing that spoilt it slightly was ....................breaking down 20 miles from home on the way back. Waited two and a half hours for the AA. The Freelander has terminal diff failure, i think.
Old 22nd January 2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Moore View Post
Hi All,

The speaker cables mentioned were Nick's TNT Twisted Twins, CAT5 network cable.

Cheers,
Tony
Thank you Tony for the info, TNT is a site i visit regularly, but not the cable diy section.

attilio
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:53 AM

Many Many thanks to both Martin and Sam, and especially Sam, for hosting a reallty great and very relaxing weekend.

The music was pretty good as well and I normally don't like classical, Buddy Holly or heavy metal.

Martin what's this about cucumber?

cheers,

-- Andrew
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Martin what's this about cucumber?
Aha, so thats what the local beer is called!
Old 22nd January 2007, 11:00 AM

I didn't know cucumber came in a pint glass.

Thatnks ever so much for great hospitality and for the lifts to and from the Travelodge.

Sorry Greg I booked and paid for my Travelodge on line as a cheap prebooked deal (£26) before you found you couldn't use your booking.
Old 22nd January 2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin213 View Post

P.P.S. Steve S,would you happen to have an ECL86 you could help me out with please,Rogers is poorly

thanks martin and sam for all the hard work..(sam ?)

i really enjoyed the week end,
i've learnt so much again.. lots of info and advice flowed.. sunday was the nicer day for me ...

martin pm your adress and i will send you a spare ecl86.. which rogers amp amp are you using?

I was suprised by a few nice comments about the lowthers .

they are just the same as the first eggfest..when no one like them.. the room and amps make so much difference to them..
getting the horn to sound right is so linked to positioning and not overdoing the volume...
to me they sound slightly better still at home into corners.. but not by much

i was also please with the amp.. to me its a really good amp .. but i made it to drive the lowthers and its weakness do show up with a more challenging load.. but horses for courses..
nick's phono was very, very impressive.. the step up from my EAR was massive ... i drove home full of plans and ideas on the record player front

the open baffles continue to amaze me... again on the way home the thought run through my head.. to knock through the lounge into the next room.. put an arch in the wall and leave the walls in at each side..as open baffs..

if we had the meets more often... i would be single (again) soon...

thanks again to you all
Old 22nd January 2007, 02:09 PM

Sorry about the late post, monday morning work-load, boo.

Firstly thanks to Martin and Sam for all their arranging and hard work, it was a good meet-up. I had a great time as did everyone else by the sounds of it.

Where to start?

Friday night Martin, Sam, Andrew, Tony, Nick and I had an 'intensive workshop' and nosh-up round the corner in the Blue Cow. Sam picked up Clare, Martin picked up lots of peanuts, Tony picked up many glasses of wobbler and Andrew picked up where Nick left of and vice-versa! I picked up mosly girly halves after a particualrly heavy session with the builders of our skatepark the night before but I did understand a good 2% of what Nick and Andrew were going on about!

'Mummy' Pat put us to bed and did us proud with a cooked brekkie the following morning accompanied by the finest collection of doillies know to mankind.

After an almost 200 yard drive to the Angel we un-packd the toys, after coffee and post wobble come-downs the fun started...

First up Nick upset the local powerstation with his OB/GM70 combo!!!!!

acompanied by the heavy plinthed Tecnics/hadcock u/p combo with 103R into LCR phono pre...

He's a noisy boy! Tony and I got blasted as we sat at the front and as the GM70's warmed up things got too loud for us!!! We retreated to the back.

Next came Andrew I and his Heils (sp?) with the Air Motion tranformers (I think). These were great, I've never heard treble that loud AND clear. They were fed by Nicks amp at the start, i was impressed.

and then Mr I did an impromptu lecture on the Heils and Ongagku, I filmed abit of his pre-ongaku lecture...Its didn't power-up which i thought was funny ('cos I'm naughty like that) untill some bright spark (Steve S) noticed a small error in the connections...(5MB download)

http://www.dartfordskatepark.co.uk/d...drewiintro.avi

Contd...

Last edited by Dave the bass; 22nd January 2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Not enough dinner time to type properly...