World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 16th January 2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: XDA Exec Problems

Quote:
Now that is what they should be conscentrating on.
Why? whats the point of making something that actually does what people want. As long as no manufacturer cracks and make someting useful (ie apple and mp3 players), they can keep churning out "almost good enough" products for years to come.

If by any chance its not prior art, then the copyright is retained by me.
Old 16th January 2006, 09:07 AM

Brilliant.

Market a stupid little thing and herald it as doing everything (but wait 3 months for us to put the fixes on the net for it to actually work in all functions) so well that gullible Paul and his crinies buys it thiunking he is honest so everyone else will be.

Then the gullables discover

a/ you have to emply a full time IT man in your small firm to make it do anything at all, and even after hours of trying he admits defeat and says "you'll have to wait it took them 3 months to get all the fixes on the net for the xda II i" . Yes this has cost me running pipework to a conservatory and fitting a radiator to find out, 'cause I thought I must be stupid and surely the thing does work!

b/ that the screen is too slow to navigate excell and acrobat docs with sufficient resolution/clarity to enable use of sufficient portion of the document to not make major errors.

c/ that the processor and or speed of retrieval from storage of said documonts is so slow such that unless you know beforehand the page no. you uwant it would be quicker to print the document off.

Let me tell you a 3.6" screen backed up by a 520 or somat like that whatsitsname speed processor is neither use not ornament to acrobat or excell.

Actually I have reservations about the 8" now, I would need to check iot before buying.

Anyhow back to the point, after they realise this is no use nor ornament they buy another one of your products. Brilliant!
Old 17th January 2006, 09:12 AM

Paul,

What you need is a Sony Viao T1XP or T2XP. They are expensive but life changing. I and most of my collegues have bought them over the last 6 months and we are all finding them superb. They are also proving to be reliable and to live up to the battery life claims.

As they are small and light they are very 'nickable' though....

James
Old 1st February 2006, 09:54 PM

Not withstanding viao is what I should have am going to struggle on with dell crapitude.

Was talking to my tax accountant about it all today and he said he had one of these dell's. He sent it straight back with a limeric.

"I tell you I fell for hard sell
and bought a new laptop from Dell
Should have known better,
as I said in my letter
turned out as the notebook from Hell!"
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:28 PM

Having always had Toshiba before I ventured into a Dell with trepidation, but couldn't resist the pre-Christmas bargains.

I have to say my Inspiron, with wide screen WXGA 1600x1200 and high power battery has proved a brilliant workhorse. The special offer let me upgrade to 1Mb RAM which, after trying it, I would suggest is the minimum to run Office and Photoshop under XP. I use it all day, everyday, it has never put a foot wrong and I can run it for five useful hours on battery (ideal on trains and planes).

I can imagine that, for some, it might prove too large and heavy, but then so am I!