World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 19th November 2010, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: World Design Future Plans

http://www.world-designs.co.uk/head.htm
Then why advertise them as availably Feb 2011 so someone will be making the transformers for them won’t they or am I missing something then

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 19th November 2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin.hepburn View Post
Then why advertise them as availably Feb 2011 so someone will be making the transformers for them won’t they or am I missing something then
Yes Colin, you are missing something !

The drawings, plans, design details are not available (for whatever reason), that's why Dave want to borrow one as a pattern. Are you volunteering ?

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:29 PM

Wink Re: World Design Future Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cawley View Post
Only two other members needed a reply, let's not go into hysteria mode please!

If someone can lend me WDHD3 I'll get some transformers made and give the lender a
present too!

Regards

Dave
hello all i am just completing a re build on my hd83. give me a couple of days to run it in AND I WILL SEND YOU THE TRANSFORMERS i have 3 headphone amp so it will not be a problem
Old 19th November 2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
Yes Colin, you are missing something !

The drawings, plans, design details are not available (for whatever reason), that's why Dave want to borrow one as a pattern. Are you volunteering ?
No sorry i don’t own A WDHD3S Headphone Amp
Ok so if There are no drawings, plans, design details available and no one lends one to Dave how can he advertise them as availably in February 2011

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 19th November 2010, 11:05 PM
WD Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin.hepburn View Post
No sorry i don’t own A WDHD3S Headphone Amp
Ok so if There are no drawings, plans, design details available and no one lends one to Dave how can he advertise them as availably in February 2011
Hi Colin,

I understand the position you are taking but you need to think more deeply. You have been appointed as a moderator. Generally, moderators don't challenge their own company. If you want to continue with that, you probably need to resign your position or wait until you are sacked!

I have no doubt, and I do have considerable inside knowledge regarding WD with Peter, that Dave, in rescuing WD has been sold a bit of a bad deal in some respects. One of the reasons that the previous WD folded was because the TX manufacturer, Morite, went into administration.

The main man there was Grant Armstrong and he has moved onto Amethyst. See the news section in this link.

http://www.amethyst-designs.co.uk/News/

As Boondi has posted, it seems that Grant has the Tx designs apart from WDHD3 for some reason. Having said that, it seems to me, owing to another unrelated project I was pursueing where Morite built the original Tx's that although Grant is well intentioned, he probably does not have sufficient influence in his new employment to make things happen that are historically linked to Morite. It would need Dave to approach Amethyst with a potential order contract to allow Grant to have the manufacturing influence we would all like to see. That of course is my subjective and completely unconfirmed view.

Maybe Peter has not forwarded to Dave all the design stuff and component specs Dave needs in order to float the kits again. If not, any punter who can help him with a loan of relevant components would, I'm sure be received with open arms and as Dave has suggested, will gain a benefit.

Regards,

Greg

Last edited by Greg.; 20th November 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:27 PM

Words fail me..I hadn't realized Morite had gone too, another sad causality of the 'crisis'. How slowly the dominoes fall.

Best of luck Dave Cawley...
Old 19th November 2010, 11:37 PM

[,

[

Maybe Peter has not forwarded to Dave all the design stuff and component specs Dave needs in order to float the kits again. If not, any punter who can help him with a loan of relevant components would, I'm sure be received with open arms and as Dave has suggested, will gain a benifit.

Regards,

Greg[/quote]

PUNTER is a bit harsh ! i was just offering my hd 83 transformers to try to help !! dave
Old 20th November 2010, 12:08 AM
WD Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebms View Post
PUNTER is a bit harsh ! i was just offering my hd 83 transformers to try to help !! dave
Oh dear Dave, are you super sensitive? I simply used the term 'punter' as a recognised modern term for user/customer! No offence was intended! We're not talking about prostitutes here, you know!

Regards,

Greg
Old 20th November 2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
Oh dear Dave, are you super sensitive? I simply used the term 'punter' as a recognised modern term for user/customer! No offence was intended! We're not talking about prostitutes here, you know!

Regards,

Greg

I must admit that I have never liked being referred to as a "punter" ! Don't know why.

My dictionary does indicate that the term can sometimes have a derogatory (or is that a degregatory ) meaning.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 20th November 2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg. View Post

Regards,

Greg
no offence was taken .but the modern term PUNTER in my world is SELL THAT TO THE NEXT IDIOT THAT COMES THROUGH THE DOOR !! poss it depends where you live/work ? no stress

dave