World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > Forum Funding!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Funding! PayPal contributions to sales@world-designs.co.uk are much appreciated :)

Old 19th May 2020, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Begging Letter

Bob may not be happy with my daily visit and annual posts but I find the posts interesting and often useful. Also, the help I have had from members over the years has been invaluable. When I feel I have something interesting to say I will post
Donation sent to Mathew.
Old 20th May 2020, 06:38 AM

Fred, thank for helping, my gripe as I have said are the people that join and NEVER post and there are too many, just look at the member list and you will see that about 70% never post and most never visit ever again after joining, you are fine. Bob
Old 20th May 2020, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Bob, all, let’s be a bit more understanding. Everyone who is a member here is fine. Spammers are deleted without mercy and we certainly have no rsoles

When guys like Fred and Nigel start wondering if complaints are being levelled at them I despair. We’ve known these guys for 20 years!!

Every member here has signed up under the bb terms and we hope they enjoy their visits. None need to post if they do not want to and none need to contribute if they cannot.

Many forums have such members who do no harm quietly enjoying the hobby and sometimes posting when they have something of interest. No-one will post if they think they are going to be challenged or insulted.
Old 20th May 2020, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well Richard beat me to the draw - my thoughts almost exactly.
Many people join because they are curious, don't know what they're doing, picking up info on a problem they have and so on. They don't necessarily have to comment or contribute to the forums but if we can help people I am all for it.
My Victorian grandmother beat it into me, literally, "always try to help others because the time will come etc." She also commented "never look down your nose at anyone because they may know all about something you don't"
When I first started on this forum I was known as "Uncle John" then I progressed to "Dr John",( a misnomer if ever there was one as all the qualifications I have are 70yrs in life experience), then I just got rid of the "Dr" bit. It is/was interesting to see how many people who started with absolutely minimal knowledge of Hi Fi, electronics etc soon started reading /experimenting and very often contributing to this forum.

We are however drifting away from the main reason of this thread which is asking for Forum funds contribution, so perhaps we can get back on track please.

John

Last edited by John Caswell; 20th May 2020 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Addnl info
Old 20th May 2020, 10:44 AM

Gents

Just an immediate reaction:

I have been deeply affected by the speed and generosity of the response so far to John's idea. This is extremely helpful in spreading the load of the costs of keeping the forum running ... I'm not surprised that folk have "dug deep", but I am very grateful.

I'm sure we are all grateful to John for coming up with his cunning plan and to Richard for ironing out the technological creases - I know I am.

What has rather surprised me is my unexpected emotional response to your support, and I feel blindsided and a bit incoherent. It turns out that I was right all along and the forum IS worth "believing" in as a community - as well as being a valuable resource! This has put a spring in my step; it's always nice being proved right!

Many thanks,

Matthew
Old 20th May 2020, 10:44 AM

I am a great fan of this Forum and am light years behind most contributors here. I use it to glean information for any problems that I have and most are solved by reading through existing posts. I do not deem it necessary to then ask the same questions again. If I ever have something to contribute then I most certainly will do so.
Contribution gratefully made

Pager8
Old 20th May 2020, 10:49 AM

By the way all of my Analog equipment is WAD or WD with still more to come I hope

Pager8
Old 20th May 2020, 12:24 PM

OK Richard, I am hearing you, you know the lack of posting from certain members annoys me, and I shall say no more on the subject, I am, as you know always willing to help any member if possible with the exception of one who will remain anonymous. Bob
Old 20th May 2020, 07:10 PM

hello all ,,the link goes to Microsoft office outlook I don't use that email system option B ?

thanks dave
Old 20th May 2020, 08:16 PM

Well I went to World Design and contact us, and payed by PayPal as a gift Dave, didn't use the link, and added a note for forum donation. Bob