World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Old 7th September 2012, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Virgin Cable Major Outage

The Indian call centre which handled my complaint was pretty good. I suppose there's not a lot they can do if there's an outage but they did credit my account and were polite.

I asked about leaving and that's when you get put through to UK. Our contract was over so it was just 30 days notice. But, they said we would be getting our 20MB(?) upgrade by the end of August and offered us a new package with a discount if we signed up for a year so we took it for an easy life. No sign of that upgrade yet though
Old 7th September 2012, 01:05 PM

David Counter,
If V+ is the standard box, I got the Tivo so I can record as the standard box supplied had no record feature.

The latest trick is to get us to save on line rental by buying one year's line rental upfront. save a few quid but not so clever if you want to move!
David
Old 8th September 2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
David Counter,
If V+ is the standard box, I got the Tivo so I can record as the standard box supplied had no record feature.

The latest trick is to get us to save on line rental by buying one year's line rental upfront. save a few quid but not so clever if you want to move!
David
the V+ is the previous super box with HD and record, I think you're under using the tivo just recording on it I'm sure it must do more or at least that's what the ad's said

Old 11th September 2012, 07:52 PM
WD Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
They have now visited me twice, made changes and my problem has got worse! Yesterday they told me they'll be directing a senior engineer to deal with my problem and thereafter I've heard nothing and no engineer has called. In this particular case, Indian call centre was great, subsequent British local engineering service has been ****!
An update. I've now had five engineers call to try and rectify my problem. The last one, today, was the manager of the maintenance team. I think he has finally fixed the fairly simple to analyse fault (according to what he told me) but watch this space! It is no wonder we pay so much for their services when five engineering calls have to be made when a competant service would require just the one
Old 12th September 2012, 02:12 PM

as a side issue I've had 3 calls from BT over the past week trying to get me to change, they must be having a hard time