World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Closed Thread

Old 28th July 2011, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Peter Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Poole View Post
This is one of the first things I tried that blew my mind. The effect is increased as you go larger on the corner.
maybe my mind will have to remain unblown. Curtains on a velux roof window are kinda naff.
Old 28th July 2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
What this means in layman's terms, is that PB changed the energy pattern of the object,
I like to think I'm open-minded and that I don't dismiss things just because I don't understand how they work. I've also had demonstrations of things which affect audio which all rational thinking says shouldn't work, but the phrase above is where I have problems.

What do you mean by the "energy pattern" of an object? To me, the phrase is meaningless and misleading. Object can contain energy (try pickeng up a charges capacitor, for example!), but what sort of energy does a safety pin contain, and how is that energy arranged in a pattern that can be modified?
Old 28th July 2011, 12:50 PM

I can understand how (perhaps ) objects in the hi-fi environment like TV's on standby might affect what's going on, but not the sort of things that Belt advocates.

We all know (or should do ) that the "room" can affect how ones hi-fi will sound but surely it is to do with the objects themselves, like curtains, furniture carpets etc, not how many legs a table has or pages in a book or even photos in the freezer.

As I said before, I did try a few of Belts suggestions but they had no discernible effects on me or my music.

Perhaps if I had a degree in Psychology things would be different.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 28th July 2011, 06:38 PM
Charlie Poole

Thanks for the response Bob. I happened across your thread from an unrelated Google search, and thought it was interesting. I'm glad that you don't condemn the man for his products or his very different approach to audio problems, but I admit I got a different sense of that with your "he's probably living in a villa in Spain" comment. That to me implies he's living large off of fool's gold, when I know the truth to be quite different. It's what sparked my response, because it's such a common false accusation that people make against this man, and my comments were really intended for the general community.

I revived the thread, basically to show that there really is an opposite view, to the common misconceptions people form about Peter Belt. I understand that many here knew of him in the 80's, and think he was a fad, that went the way of the Culture Club or something. I even created a website years ago, which focused on various advanced concepts in audio, like Beltism, to help address erroneous perceptions like this. I don't care whether I convince anyone or not that they wrong, and that Belt has always been right all these years. Especially when people don't like to be wrong. I do care that there is this general perception that there is no controversy on the opinion that Belt's products are scams. There is a small community of audiophiles around the world, who have indeed been using his products and concepts since the 80's. And new ones joining this group today, who knew nothing about him then. But you will see very few of those defending him against those who would make false accusations about the man, his products or his discoveries.

I will do so at the drop of a hat.

As for questioning his ideas, almost everyone does that. Far more people question or condemn his ideas, than have actually tested them. And because they don't understand the basis for his ideas, they then question his motives, and apply ugly sinister reasons for them. Just as they are now doing with me. To me, this all exemplifies an innate fear that humans have. Fear of the unknown, discomfort at questioning their belief system, and a raging desire to flee to the safety of the known. So I'd be the first to admit that advanced audio concepts like Beltism, are not for everybody. Even if they can be appreciated by everybody. (And they are by far not the only advanced concepts in audio ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob orbell View Post
I myself, can tell no difference between standard mains cable's and fancy expensive one's for example, so the chance of a saftey pin in my lapel, treated or otherwise, or curtains hooked up at the corner is a non starter, even if I sit down and try to convince myself that there is a change in sound.
I'm starting to understand, Bob. I would expect the fancy mains cable to be greater in its impact on the sound than the garment pin, even if not superior in the quality of the change. I have no problem hearing the differences wrought by my own DIY mains cable constructions, so I know it'd likely be more evident with commercial versions. This explains why there are so many harsh differences in opinions among audiophiles, as to what matters and what doesn't: everyone is at different levels in their perceptive abilities. This does not imply you can't hear differences in cables. My years of research tells me that you can not change a cable for ANYTHING else, without making some kind of a difference. It's just that you have not learned to be conscious of those differerences.

I wasn't always either, but this is a skill that requires learning. This is why I wrote a section called "How To Listen" on my website. After realizing that people were doing things like switching back and forth in the middle of changing conditions, and expecting changes to jump out at them. Then "presuming" the device doesn't change anything, simply because they could not confirm awareness of any changes. But instead of learning to hear different kinds of changes, many will stick to the types of changes they can hear; ie. speakers or amplification. To my mind, this greatly limits the standard of sound you can achieve. And the ways you can achieve it.
Old 28th July 2011, 06:52 PM

Hi Charlie, can you post a link to your website please, I'd like to look at the "how to hear" bit.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 28th July 2011, 07:21 PM
Charlie Poole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
What do you mean by the "energy pattern" of an object? To me, the phrase is meaningless and misleading. Object can contain energy (try pickeng up a charges capacitor, for example!), but what sort of energy does a safety pin contain, and how is that energy arranged in a pattern that can be modified?
I understand your reaction, and yes, there can be considered different types of energy such as that contained in caps. I'm not sure what relation, if any, there might be between the two. But as the energy I'm studying (that I lump under the label "Beltism"), I don't know what else to call it. It's not "electrical" energy, obviously. As it is on and around all objects (that I have tested), animate or inanimate. Including capacitors. (Especially capacitors, in fact).

I believe what I'm probably "looking" at is quantum particles. That's just a personal theory I have, for lack of anything more concrete. This energy field I've been researching is contained in language, as well. e.g. These very words that I am writing on the screen, as I type, are changing my own energy fields, and everything around it (albeit in very minute ways, you would never notice). I don't know what else can be described do that, beyond quantum particles (if that). But I just say the word "quantum", it causes skepti-cynics to break out in hives and go all nuts on me. So I tend to keep that theory to myself, and describe it in the non-descript manner of an energy field. I recognize it as an energy field, because there is an order to these fields, that is repeatedly shown in experiment after experiment. Each object contains its own kind of energy field, and like objects contain like energy fields. In other words, their order and nature are usually predictable from one object to the next. Naturally, you don't know what pattern they take, until you have researched at length to observe a pattern. As for modifying the patterns, that is dreadfully easy.

The energy patterns are constantly being modified on their own.

For example, one object can modify the energy pattern of another object. This is how the PWB garment pin works. The pin is charged with a certain pattern of energy, due in part to the charge given to the small plastic tie piece attached to the hinge of the pin. The pin is then used to pierce a piece of material, such as carpeting or clothing. It transfers its charge to the material; the material is now charged with a benefical type of pattern. Thus changing the pattern it previously had (which probably did nothing good for your sound). Moreover, because of the nature of the energy fields, different areas on the material exhibit different pattern modifications. This translates to the fact that some areas will "sound" better than others. This is the reason they recommend piercing the label of clothing (labels contain information, which contain their own energy fields).

Finally, simply moving an object's direction is enough to change the pattern. This is why if you pierce the material with the pin facing downward, it will provide a perceptibly "better" energy pattern than any other direction. Again, this translates into a better sound. These "laws" if you will, apply to all objects, treated or not. The energy fields don't recognize whether an object came from the PWB factory, or the sewing shop down the street. Untreated objects however, don't necessarily have their fields arranged in any special pattern and for that reason, are likely to be harder to experiment with, with any hope of hearing their influence.
Old 28th July 2011, 07:30 PM
WD Archivist

Over the years there has often been challenges to Beltism on various websites, this for me being the latest. Every time, some Belt disciple appears on the forum and proceeds to argue on behalf of PB and his products. These disciples appear to be different people, however the 'modus operandi' is always the same. Only the one disciple presents the supportive arguements. I don't recall anyone ever coming in to support the claims made. All posts are long winded and the writing style is always similar. Go figure
Old 28th July 2011, 07:40 PM
Charlie Poole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
Hi Charlie, can you post a link to your website please, I'd like to look at the "how to hear" bit.
Love to, but the site is down. It was great, because I had a section with like over thirty free "tweak" ideas, all based on Beltist principles, that people could try, at no cost to them, to improve their sound. I'm not sure what happened, as when I try to log in to my administrator's dashboard, I just get the message "Holy smoke! An error occurred!". I just don't have the time or energy to begin battling with the host to find out, and have them put it back up. In the meantime, I've been focused more on my blog. Which is a bit more personal, and all about my day to day research in the realm of Beltism.

There's an article I put up there recently, where I show how sound can be changed, improved even, by simply adding specific information to the tag of an mp3 file. As it is a relatively new experiment, I don't know yet if it's something that most people would be able to discern, or if will be below their threshold. But if you or anyone wants to give it a whirl, it is dead easy to implement anyway, and only takes a minute. You just have to paste the text into the lyrics section of an mp3 tag, using Windows right-click, or a tag editor program.

http://theadvancedaudiophile.blogspo...into-your.html
Old 28th July 2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Love to, but the site is down.
That's a shame.

I'm a great believer in following my instincts, and on these Belt matters by inbuilt bullshit detector is working overtime.

Old 28th July 2011, 08:24 PM

Your reply implies that you can detect and visualise this energy field. How do you do that?

If you are right, and it involves quantum particles, do you think CERN should know about this?
Closed Thread