Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Wish List
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish List Poll your project wishes here

Old 5th June 2008, 12:25 PM

Default Re: killer cd,transport player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stuart View Post
Thanks Tony for the update.

I will probably mod my Marantz 63KI but you've re-inforced my opinion that the Sqeezebox route is the one to go down, rather than spend lots of money on a new CDP.

Could you give the cost numbers for both systems and what software you needed to buy for the PC. Also as I am leaning heavily toward a lap top replacement for my dying PC - what would I need to look for in one to be compatible with using it as a music medium? as well as usual functions.
If you want both, use normal xp home or xp professional. If you want your laptop transformed into a mediacenter, you could use windows xp media center.

Advantage of squeezebox is that you stream audio, no more changing disks. I am looking into this myself also. But, most people are using a higher end dac in combination with the squeezebox, so really cheap it isn't gonna be.

Flac is my preferred format.