World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Is what it is all about

Old 13th October 2015, 04:59 PM

Default 80's Late music finds

The Glove (Robert Smith and Steve Severin) - I have an excuse for listening for that album only 20 years after it went out, the music press at the time portrayed it as some supergroup, which wasn't to my "fine" taste. Nevertheless the music is great, robert smith at his best

Associates - Fourth drawer down. I only knew later Associates material when they were still recording, which was nice but not more. The album cover was garish. Fourth drawer down is a weird and great post punk (so that's what they call it now!) album, Billy Mackenzie is an awesome singer.

Swell maps - Jane from occupied europe. I heard this one no less than 33 years after it went out. Filthy sound, vocals razor sharp as John Lydon's. They split after two albums
Old 2nd February 2016, 08:46 PM

Default Re: 80's Late music finds

Dan,
Robert Smith and Steve Severin playing together? Takes me back. I saw Siouxsie and the Banshees twice in fairly close order, once with John McGeoch on guitar and shortly after with Robert Smith. I think McGeoch edged it; but sadly it wasn't long before he couldn't cope. If memory serves, it was the first time I heard a guitar used as via a synth. Ah, the early 80s. I must seek out The Glove. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

F