World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 25th January 2008, 10:22 PM
WD Archivist

Default Bristol Hi-Fi Show, 22nd to 24th Febuary 2008

http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/

This years Bristol Show is taking place 22rd to 24th February at the Marriott City Centre Hotel, Lower Castle Street, Bristol, BS1 3AD.

The World Designs Team will be exhibiting all their amplifiers and speakers. There will be vinyl through Slatedeck and also a competant digital source.

Dr John (John Caswell) will be present to answer your technical queries. I will be there, hopefully making people feel welcome and doing a bit of DJ'ing to keep the sounds rolling and of course to discuss anything within my own limitations. The HFW team will also be present to consult with and question.

Once again I will organise a meet up for forum members at lunchtime on all three days. This will be at a close by (spitting distance) venue. Be warned that refreshment prices at the venue will cost more than your high end systems I will confirm the lunchtime venue later, as the one we used last year is currently closed. Certainly it'll be a place good for easy conversation with excellent food (including a selection of vegetarian options) and real ale, all at a very reasonable price. I will later post details on how to find the pub once I've confirmed with the landlord.

Leaving the show at lunchtime is not a problem if you wish to return later. You simply declare your wish to the staff at the reception desk and they will UV mark your hand so that on return you can confirm you've already paid your entrance fee allowing you re-entry.

To help me plan (and to assist the chef at the pub), please can those of you wishing to attend and meet up at lunchtime post here the day you are going to be present. I'll collate the detail for the information of the pub and so we all know who to look out for on each day.

I'm looking forward to meeting up again with those I already know and hopefully putting some faces to names I've already met here, but not met in person before.

Come to the Bristol Show. It's good fun, good value for money and you've the opportunity to build some really good and helpful friendships, not to mention the opportunity to demo some first rate World Design and Slatedeck kit.

Best wishes,

Greg

PS Moderators, would it be good to make this thread a sticky?
Old 26th January 2008, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Bristol Hi-Fi Show, 22nd to 24th Febuary 2008

Hi Greg
I'll aim to be there but I'm afraid I'll have to confirm nearer the time. Will most probably be the Saturday. Looking forward to catching up with you over a pint :-)
Old 26th January 2008, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Greg,

Thanks for organising, your lunch-time breaks are a high-light . Hopefully between 2 and 5 of us from Nottm will get down, will ask and let you know.

Rich
Old 27th January 2008, 02:28 PM

Hi Greg

I will be there on Friday, just bought my train ticket.

Guy
Old 12th February 2008, 11:35 PM
WD Archivist

Thanks to Max, Richard and Guy for responses so far. I'm bumping this now as the show is just 10 days away. Your response so far is much reduced compared with several previous years. It is good fun especially meeting up during the show. Consider what other opportunity will you have to meet up with Petercom, his team, Dr John and Richard (the last two being moderators here and more often than not the knowledge that leads to your DIY solutions.

I intend to post final details on venue for lunchtime meets etc in the next week. I just wanted to get you all thinking about this again.

Best wishes,

Greg
Old 12th February 2008, 11:51 PM

I'm hoping be able to put in an appearance on Saturday or Sunday, but it won't be until mid-afternoon so don't put me down for lunch (more's the pity).
Old 13th February 2008, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all,
Just to confirm that I will be arriving in Brissol mid am Friday,traffic etc permitting. Brain should be in fully functioning mode by then.

John - Dr John
Old 13th February 2008, 09:01 AM

Hi Greg
I should be going to the Show on Saturday, look forward to seeing you.

Regards Richard Higgins
Old 13th February 2008, 07:11 PM

Hi Greg

I will be there on Friday, looking forwards to it:-)

Steve Grimshaw
Old 13th February 2008, 11:34 PM

Hi Greg

I will be going on Sunday if you're arranging anything for Sunday this year (you didn't last year due to lack of demand on this day). If not then guidance on the best local pubs/eateries much appreciated.

Regards

Roger