World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 15th April 2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: New member's

Welcome Adrian Are you into equipment, music, or both?
Old 16th April 2015, 01:05 PM

Hi.
Into music, definitely
Old 18th March 2017, 03:10 PM

Hi there,
I was a member of this and other hifi forums in an earlier life. A new Family became a priority about 6 years ago. The hifi got stored and my obsession with music reproduction took a real step back.
I'm now at that juncture where I have to decide reignite my love or move on.
(I think) I have a pre/phono 3s in the loft and an unworking Kit6550. The kit blew a cap in the distant past and I never got around to sorting it.
I also have the WD25t (floorstanders) which I remember being incredible paired with Kit.
Anyway, thanks for having me and hopefully I can get some amp advice in the coming months - I'd like to get all the stuff up and running proper then decide what the future holds
Old 19th March 2017, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Gpj and welcome. I'm sure you'll find lots of advice and support here for fixing the hifi if you have a bit more time these days. It's good to have a hobby you can dip into or out of as life allows
Old 22nd March 2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Hi Gpj and welcome. I'm sure you'll find lots of advice and support here for fixing the hifi if you have a bit more time these days. It's good to have a hobby you can dip into or out of as life allows
Isn't it though?

But on this forum it helps to have several hobbies into which you can dip or out of which you may dip as life allows. You will note my elegant rearrangement of Richard's phrasing - if you look back on this thread, you will understand the importance of such things - and as Pedantus Maximus I'm allowed to do this.

We are an eclectic bunch having interests in many things beyond HiFi and are pleased to have some new blood, so welcome aboard.

And talking of GPs, well Gpj is close, we have not heard from Dr Ivimey for some time. Anyone know anything? Or Shane, Sratmangler, Black Stuart and a host of others who used to used to add lustre to our lives?
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:06 PM

I'm still here!

I don't know if you've ever visited the Audio-Talk forum, Baggo, but all of the above apart from Black Stuart are regular contributors, along with s number of others who used to be regulars here. AT was spun off from this forum about 10 years ago by Nick Gorham, and has a very similar atmosphere. It was done largely because the range of discussion was thought to be limited here because of the attachment to and focus on the commercial WAD/WD enterprise and its products. Many of us are members of both forums and the two live happily side by side. I know you would be very welcome!

Last edited by Shane; 23rd March 2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 23rd March 2017, 02:37 PM

Seconded.

And talk about motorcycles and lawnmowers is not taboo, in the "assorted stuff" section.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.