World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2010, 12:03 PM

Smile World Designs finds new owner

Hi everyone

I just thought that the lead thread in the News section, namely 'World Designs Closes', was looking rather pessimistic to visitors to this forum.

So please continue the discussion in this thread now that Dave Cawley is taking over.

I am pleased to confirm that Dave and I have successfully concluded the transfer of ownership of World Designs to Time Step Electronics (all bar a few details) and he is starting to get to grips with what needs to be done in the way of resuscitation.

Bear with him because there's a lot of work still to be done and, of course, Dave has a lot of catching up to do, so don't expect miracles in the short term.

I wish Dave well in administering both the brand, its products and this forum and hope that forum members will do their best to support him.

Last edited by Dave Cawley; 8th September 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:43 AM

Smile Re: World Designs finds new owner

Guys

It is true that I have taken over. There are still a few "i's" to dot, then we need to get going.

One thing I would like to make quite clear is that we have not bought the Arena Electronics Group, Arena Electronics Ltd, or World Designs Ltd or any of their liabilities.

Quite simply we have bought the forum, a shed load of parts and the intellectual property rights. World Designs is now a "trading name" of Timestep Electronics Ltd.

The first change is to make it easy for our moderators to eliminate spammers by making them tell us something about their interests in Hi Fi. The unfortunate consequence of this is that every existing user has to update their profile. But I believe that can only be a good thing.

In fact we have an amazing 2,279 members with new people joining every day.

The second change is that we need to move the forum from http://www.wduk.worldomain.net/forum/ to http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/ please make a note of this as the change is likely to take place sometime this week.

World Audio Design and World Designs have gone though a lot and are now into their fourth incarnation. Peter Comeau has tried very hard and is respected by the whole community; we all owe him a big hand for his help. But with the decline of the market and the offer a brilliant job in audio, Peter had no choice. Thinking no one could be possibly be daft enough to take over WD, he ran the stock levels right down. Consequently it will take us many months before we have anything for sale. We will start with one unit, and progress one at a time. The speakers will come last. Eventually we will add the 300B monoblocks, a Yamaha NS1000M clone and a high efficiency unit with a 15" driver. Any offers of help gratefully appreciated.

We have taken over WD on the basis that it will not make us a living, and as such will always take second place. But that does mean that WD will continue for the foreseeable future.

So please be patient and work with us.

Regards

Dave
Old 16th August 2010, 12:36 PM

Default Re: World Designs finds new owner

All the best Peter....

Congratulations to you Dave....

P.S. still want to buy one of the Pre3,Phono3,Psu3 chassis/metalwork....

ONE LOVE
Old 16th August 2010, 01:10 PM

Just updated my profile Dave.
All the best with the forum.

Chris

You can't take it with you when you go !
Old 16th August 2010, 02:22 PM

Nice one Dave.

Is it possible to send a message "en masse " to all members giving them the new log in details and a brief note of the new ownership ?

I'm sure a large proportion of the 2,279 probably don't log on that often, but still have an interest.

Everything in this post is my honest opinion based on what i thought I knew at that very moment in time.
Old 16th August 2010, 04:57 PM

Thumbs up Re: World Designs finds new owner

Hi Dave C,

Bit miffed to have to give out MORE info about myself, but now I understand why I'm not so worried!

You have my whole-hearted support and thanks.

John
Old 16th August 2010, 08:22 PM

Hi DaveC,

As someone who got back into HiFi mainly due to wanting to try something new (a WAD Kel84) I am really glad that the WAD/WD line will carry on in some form. I went through Kel84, Kit6550, 2A3PSE, Phono2 and HD83 before slowing down!

The kits were fun to build and in joining the forum and sharing build and upgrade experiences I have made some great friends.

I am now the happy owner of a clone WAD 300B PP and am kind of settled in my hifi yearnings but it is certainly a good thing to see that WD can continue and be there for future people like me (as I was then) who like to build things but don't yet know enough to go it totally alone with scratch builds.

best wishes,
Tony
Old 16th August 2010, 10:13 PM

Smile Re: World Designs finds new owner

pleased to here that you/we are to keep going. i have a kat 6550 that i re- built with the help and knowledge on the forum and a hd83 head phone amp that i would not have bought without the forum . i was saving up for the pre3 and phono3 PLEASE CAN WE HAVE AN OPTION OF BLACK FRONTS
good luck
dave
Old 16th August 2010, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Yep also would like to thank Peter for I guess saving world Audio Deigns and of course yourself Dave on saving World deigns thank you for that I two have had lots of help from the members here with my WAD Phono 2 And also none WD projects
Good luck with the future of World Designs Dave

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 17th August 2010, 04:49 PM

Good luck Dave. the WD products are well thought of and I'm sure you'll do them justice.

Sorry to see Peter go he's a gent but it was pretty likely once he moved to the other side of the world!

Steve
Closed Thread