World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > For Sale/Wanted > Suppliers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suppliers Recommended Component Suppliers (and the ones to be avoided)

Old 8th September 2018, 09:35 AM

Default huanshop2015

Found this seller - some very useful items he's selling. I think it's worth taking a look at what he has on offer - there's lots.

First buys for me are 1mm & 1.5mm 99.5% copper solid core wire - free postage.
Old 11th September 2018, 08:27 PM
WD Archivist

Default Re: huanshop2015

Yes, a sort of eBay hardware store.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/huanshop2...p2047675.l2559
Old 12th September 2018, 07:40 AM

491 bad feed back, , you must be joking. BOB
Old 12th September 2018, 12:31 PM

Out of 32022 trades it’s 99.3% positive feedback. You have really high standards BOB.
Old 12th September 2018, 05:28 PM

Yes, I know what you mean Greg, but I have had a few dealings with sellers from China, and never again. BOB
Old 12th September 2018, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I am with BOB. On that
But have to say I have been lucky on the whole if selling something but that’s not very often
As a buyer I do have a tendency to forget to check the seller’s feedback. before hitting the buy now button. But I have only had one or two disputes in the past and been refunded by PayPal anyway

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 12th September 2018, 09:28 PM
WD Archivist

Hey, please don’t interpret my post as any kind of advocation of the trader Black Stuart highlighted. All I have done, considering Black Stuart’s original post was a bit short on detail was complete what he probably should have done and revealed a link to the seller and his shop. I have no other interest. I have never traded with huanshop2015.
Old 13th September 2018, 03:51 PM

Bob'
so you've had a few bad dealings with the Chinese so all Chinese are bad. Well I only had (1) bad buy and one (1) no show - $2.5 pair of eye shades and got a refund for both. Everything else has been good deals and that's over many years.

You do know that most electrical gear in your home is made in China, that's thanks to greedy British business men looking for more profit.

Contrast that with UK sellers ripping buyers off with extortionate postage charges, got banned from Vinyl Engine for daring to tell it like it is with greedy vinyl sellers doing just that. Had abuse from one valve seller (from Yorkshire) when I asked him why he didn't post test results for his valves. Indeed most UK sellers don't unlike the US.

Did you have the same attitude in the 60s & 70s' when the Japanese were making huge inroads with their quality engineering products.
Old 13th September 2018, 05:52 PM

I must agree with most of your comments Stuart, but it still is the case that most stuff that I have had from China is just fit for the bin, as for the Japanese in the 60's, well, I was riding a Triumph motorcycle, a 3TA, and serving an apprentice ship in tool making, the man next door, who was a engine driver on British rail, purchased in 1964, a new Honda 50, model C100, of course, we all laughed at it, but every working day this little machine would start and take him to the station and bring him home at the end of his shift, I gave up on cheap British junk in 1977 and purchased a new Honda four, it was fantastic and I still have a Honda, CX500, I also purchased in 1979 a new Triumph T140D, the company had learned the mistakes of the 1960-70's and this Triumph is also very good, and, oil tight. BOB
Old 13th September 2018, 07:42 PM
WD Archivist

I must admit, I’ve bought some very high quality products (including electrical) from China through eBay and Amazon. The secret is to scrutinise adverts carefully, in detail and don’t skip the feedback as this can be revealing. If I was to buy a Chinese Amplifier, I would certainly be inside the chassis before ever switching it on to check earthing and would need to be sure that it is spec’d for our general over voltage mains and not just competent at 220vac. Generally I only buy such items after they have been well appraised in the U.K. by other buyers, such as a recent purchase of a small class D amp with integral dac for a mini system in the dining room that must, apart from the speakers be out of sight. It’s a domestic sort of thing, you know

P.S. Shhhhhh, but the speakers are going to be KLS4’s