World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > DIY Projects > Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sources Your DIY source designs (turntables etc.)

Old 31st July 2024, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default New Lyrion Music Server and Community Firmware

Hi all, I’ve just updated my LMS (Logitech Media Server) to LMS (Lyrion Music Server), whose dedicated team have now taken over after Logitech closed Mysqueezebox.com earlier this year,

The 2 Squeezebox Touchs are running great on the new 32 bit LMS 8.5.2 server with new Community 8.5.0 firmware in the SBTs.

Some things I found when following the detailed notes in the second link above,

1, SBT needs resetting to factory settings first. When the EDO USB plug-in is removed (if you are using it) you may not be able to re-install it as it isn’t shown in the latest server version 8.5.2. The link for it is in SBT settings and it goes through the motions, but it does not install again. (I’ve just gone back to co-ax connections for the DACs but be aware in case you want it.)

2, I could not update to the 64 bit server version. It seems to load but does not start working. The latest 32 bit works faultlessly. (I’m running Windows 11 64 bit and may be missing something here.)

3, Some things are enabled in SBT settings and some in LMS server on the PC. The new SBT firmware update 8.5.0 comes from the new 8.5.2 server, so install the new server on your PC first, then open the server as Admin > Advanced tab > Advanced Settings > Manage Plugins > then enable Community Firmware for Touch > apply bottom right, close and restart LMS. Return to Manage Plugins open the link on the end of Community Firmware and tick the box for Community firmware, apply bottom right, close LMS and restart it. Then update to the new firmware from the SBT settings menu (on SBT) where it should be available. (The SBT clock may also need setting to the correct Timezone also found in SBT settings.)

Note that all Logitech branding is still on the icons and server pages so check it’s loaded by those 2 version numbers.

Mysqueezebox.com was actually something of a confusion for me as I didn’t use it but had to register originally to install LMS and further devices like Boom.

It is good to find the Squeezer Android app for the phone still works perfectly and Radio apps are available from the server Plugins for Paradise, Global etc. Indeed it all seems faster and smoother to use and the sound is brilliant as ever!

Grateful thanks to all involved
Old 3rd August 2024, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: New Lyrion Music Server and Community Firmware

An update to this, the 64 bit server is now installed and working well. The problem was me.

Any or all of the following may have had a bearing but this took about an hour and did the trick,

1, This time I uninstalled the server using uninstall but then went to C drive Program Files and Program Files (x86) and right click deleted both Squeezebox folders completely. Reboot. Then reinstalled 64 bit server again from Lyrion site.
As before there was no obvious signs of anything running and there’s no icon in the taskbar. I opened localhost:9000 panel in the browser by typing it in (or Start > All apps > Logitech can’t remember) but it just looked at me blankly with no music or radio stations loaded.

2, I’d missed the Settings icon bottom right. Enter settings, then Basic Setting tab, and Media Folders is where to browse and enter a path to a music folder. (When that’s entered another blank box appears below it so you can enter more folder paths.) Hit Rescan and it scans so fast I thought nothing had happened,

3, but it had. Switched to Manage Plugins tab and set Community firmware, Global Player, and Paradise, apply, close. Reboot system.

4, Seems to take a minute or so to start. Watched it by bringing up Task Manager (control+Alt+Del select) as soon as windows started. I think the value Perl interpreter with 4 red dot icon is the one to watch. Opening C drive shows a Squeezebox folder only in Program Files not in (x86).

The sqeezeboxes themselves needed nothing doing. They’d already been set with new firmware as in the previous post and they just showed up correctly when the new server opened.
Many thanks again to all at https://lyrion.org/