World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 15th March 2006, 09:10 AM

Default WAD Kits and Spares back on sale (almost).

I am pleased to report that yesterday we filled half of our warehouse with a truck load of WAD amplifier kits and spares purchased from the directors of World Audio Designs, which is no longer trading.

It will take some time to sort through everything and figure out what goes with what, what is saleable, what components can be put into kits etc. Difficult to give a time frame at the moment but you can be sure we'll do our best to get it sorted pronto thanks to the offer of some willing help from one of our more knowledgeable forum members.

I will be converting the Word-Designs site to a shopping cart very soon (up until now we have been relying on the link to www.seas.co.uk) and the WAD kits and main spares will appear on here as we unearth them.

I am also hoping to be able to put the documentation on-line for those who need it or are just interested in the history of the WAD designs.

We will not be keeping the old kits in production. We will be buying parts to complete existing stocks of kits, and these will appear in the World Designs catalogue, but instead we want to concentrate on new designs appearing in Hi-Fi World under the World Designs banner.

Thank you for your patience whilst we went through the ramifications of acquiring this stock, and continued patience whilst we sort the parts out. If you have any requests for parts at this stage could you please e-mail

sales@world-designs.co.uk

and we will do our best to look for the bits as we sift through the stock.
Old 15th March 2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: WAD Kits and Spares back on sale (almost).

Thats great news Peter, maybe I'll get to build a WAD kit afterall.

Dave the bass.
Old 16th March 2006, 09:06 AM

Dave.
I expected to see a far more enthusiastic response to Peter's announcment from the users of this Forum
As far as I can see you are the only BB member who has put his money where his mouth is and actually purchased a WD kit.
I would suggest that you have done more to keep this forum running than all the pictures, unlikely wish lists, and discussion of Chinese amps put together.
Perhaps you will be the first to invest in one of the forthcoming WD valve kits.
Congratulations
STU
Old 16th March 2006, 09:15 AM

Hi Stuart
Peter has asked people to email their requirements, which is what I've done.
I'm not quite sure what else you want people to do?
Its certainly very good news that Peter has acquired the WAD stock :-)
Old 16th March 2006, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Dean
Dave.
I expected to see a far more enthusiastic response to Peter's announcment from the users of this Forum
As far as I can see you are the only BB member who has put his money where his mouth is and actually purchased a WD kit.
I would suggest that you have done more to keep this forum running than all the pictures, unlikely wish lists, and discussion of Chinese amps put together.
Perhaps you will be the first to invest in one of the forthcoming WD valve kits.
Congratulations
STU
Oh dear Stu,

That's a bit sore given the previous problems of WAD supply and the existance of just one WD kit. I had 2 new Kits in the days when new WAD ones appeared and were fairly easy to get. Neal G must have the complete set . Many others do too. Other members have purchased them secondhand (and let's remember if there's not a decent secondhand market for them then new ones won't be bought). This would be more of an indication of what WD should expect once they get a range together.

Using the BB to canvas opinion/ideas also seems sensible.

Anyway the last thing we want is a witch-hunt given all the great info and time many members give to others which creates interest for WD and the mag. An active BB must be very cheap and useful advertising and support for a company these days.

Cheer up .

Rich
Old 16th March 2006, 10:00 AM

Personally, I thought it inappropriate to do it on the news/announcements threads anyway. I feel that it simply confuses things and I think it would be better to keep the announcements threads to simply just that - and all discussisions arising kept/moved to the general board.

I too have been in touch directly for some bits. once I know the situation regarding WAD kits left available (and new WD 'replacement' designs) I'll be in a better position to decide what I want to build next. Like many here (I suspect) I await the final inventory list from Peter with eager anticipation.
Old 16th March 2006, 02:11 PM

So far we are quite pleased with the response from BB members to this announcement judging by the e-mails coming in - it would be a shame to think we had gone to all this trouble for nothing!

Our aim is to provide a spares service as far as the stock allows as well as put some of the kits back on the market.
Old 16th March 2006, 02:36 PM

Thumbs up Re: WAD Kits and Spares back on sale (almost).

Hi Peter-i have no specific needs at the moment but i am sure that me and many others will look at the lists when printed, with great interest.

Philip
Old 16th March 2006, 10:30 PM

Well done Peter, I'm sure your efforts will be greatly appreciated, hope you had some help unloading it. I hate to think how much a truck load of WAD kits must have weighed. I have sent an email.

Rupert
Old 19th March 2006, 11:54 PM

Yes, thank you Peter.

I've also emailed for parts - so it seems many of us are interested.

Rob,