World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 2nd October 2006, 10:14 PM

Default deisis df2 speakers anyone?

i picked up a pair of these speakers in a local crack convertors. i bought them because they are sturdy little bookshelf speakers with seas drive units and the cabs are in a fairly good condition. i got them home and sure enough they are a capable little speaker. i am fairly interested then, if anyone else has heard of these. i googled them to no avail. they where maufactured by 'decorfleck' in essex i believe, which i admit doesn't bode well, but they are sturdy with good components and it suprise me that they are (google at least) unheard of. if anyone has heard of these i would be interested in your thoughts. i would imagine these are about 10+ years old btw, not the new deisis speakers from italy

Last edited by muffinman; 3rd October 2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 3rd October 2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: deisis df2 speakers anyone?

These were produced by a cabinet making company who branched out into complete products, in the '80s I think, using standard SEAS drivers and crossovers. So the cabinets and drivers are really good, the crossovers are nothing special as I remember. AFAIK the brand name was spelt Diesis, and was started by Brian O'Rourke who later went on to found Ruark.
Old 3rd October 2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: deisis df2 speakers anyone?

thanks for the reply peter. i re-googled under the 'decorflOck' title and found a chap in exactly the same position as me. i did peek inside and concur that the x-over was nothing special, in fact it was glued to the cab and both where now floating free causing vibration. i imagine that tweeking the x-overs would be fun but ultimately not cost effective as i only paid £20 in the first place and i'm happy with my current speakers.