World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News News from World Designs

Old 5th February 2009, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bristol Hi-Fi Show Fri Feb 20 to Sun 22 2009!

At the Marriott Hotel Bristol,
http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/index.lasso

WD are in Room 213 second floor
and it would be great to see everyone, have a listen, and a natter

There is a huge list of brand names this year btw,
http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/brands.lasso
Old 18th February 2009, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Bristol Hi-Fi Show Fri Feb 20 to Sun 22 2009!

Anyone going on Friday?
I might be so it would be good hook up for a chat.
Regards
Old 19th February 2009, 11:14 AM

Hi

We would be delighted to welcome any forum members to the World Designs room to meet up and have a chat.

I'm also hoping we can have the WD25T EX speakers on dem - I'm running a trial pair at the moment to see if there are any final wrinkles to iron out. These are basically the 'EXELlent' version of WD25T fitted with Millenium treble units and a new crossover to suit.

Details of the development of the WD25A EX were given in Hi-Fi World recently and this crossover has now been refined further and incorporated in the WD25T.
Old 19th February 2009, 08:17 PM

Hi Peter,

Interesting, this is pretty soon after the excellent V2 crossover.
Thanks for supplying that for me by the way!

Is this the E0011-06 T25CF002?

I see that it is 4 db less sensitive than the XL tweeter and higher mass (I know sensitivity is absolutely no measure of quality) and has a slightly lower free air resonance, does this mean you can get away with a less complex crossover?
Obviously I'm no engineer so i'm probably looking at all the wrong things.

Did you hear something from the millenium that the existing excel T29cf001 did not offer?

Will you continue supplying the excel and standard options?

Perhaps a super duper version perhaps with a nextel bass cone would be in the works one day?
Old 21st February 2009, 08:43 AM

I noticed there is a seas "29" - 29mm dia. version of the new tweater you are evaluating, would this offer any additional features if incorporated?
Old 21st February 2009, 08:48 PM

I did go to the show and saw Peter.
I have to say overall I was disappointed with most of the sounds I heard at the show....WD was the exception. I'm not just saying that b/c of this forum.

I had heard the original incarnation of the WD25, the new ones with the new cabinet material and tweeter were much more relaxed. A very nice sound indeed.
Old 22nd February 2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I did go to the show and saw Peter.
I have to say overall I was disappointed with most of the sounds I heard at the show....WD was the exception. I'm not just saying that b/c of this forum.

I had heard the original incarnation of the WD25, the new ones with the new cabinet material and tweeter were much more relaxed. A very nice sound indeed.
I wasn't able to go (hope those who did had a good time), but recently had the opportunity to listen to speakers in a Hi-Fi dem room (around £600 - tiny footprint floorstanders), very buzzy, high frequency tizz and poor imaging (music comes clearly from either speaker, no real stage depth). The comparison at home to my WD25XL (bookshelf mount) speakers is entirely different, non-fatiguing sound, detailed (all instruments clear), wall of sound, imaging inbetween and outside the speakers - and with detailed clarity and thwack from bass - same price, but no comparison.

I would be interested to know to what Peter thinks that the new mods to the WD25 have changed/improved (?) the sound.

Tom
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:11 AM

Unhappy Re: Bristol Hi-Fi Show Fri Feb 20 to Sun 22 2009!

I couldn't make it either, but I hope to make it next year. Every time, I get work commitments which make things tricky.

Neil.
Audio-Note CD2.1x/AN-V i/c. Audio-Note M1 with A-N Copper PIO caps & AN-V wire, WAD KaT6550, NAD C368 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier with BluOS - Mountain Snow Atlas 2 speaker cable. Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 804
Old 22nd February 2009, 04:01 PM

Went to the show yesterday and would say that WD had the best sound at the show.

Many of the rooms really do make you want to run away but we just sat in the WD room and enjoyed the music.
Old 23rd February 2009, 05:37 PM

I did the show yesterday, had a really good time, especially as I got to meet up with an old friend for a chinwag.

Highs?

I enjoyed the following...

Naim Unity - a natty little one-box solution, sounds great, and my missus would love it.
Michell - Orbe/Tecno/Benz/Dino/A21SE into ProAcs. Wonderfully musical little set-up, would've sounded even better with a decent phonostage
Totem/beChocolate - another one-box player. Won't be cheap apparently but it plays some good tunes. Totem rarely fail to make some good show sounds imho.
WD - of course...at the risk of appearing slightly sychophantic, I like Rob felt this was probably one of, if actually the most pleasing sound on the day. Great to hear a pair of speakers which have plenty of bass but don't over-egg the low frequency pudding. Would've liked to have heard the little KEL84 aswell, didn't have the cheek to ask!