World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > DIY Projects > Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Loudspeakers Your DIY Speaker designs

Old 30th January 2006, 12:37 AM

Default some of the most unbelievable ebay jerks around

yes I know this is the wrong place, but its sort of relevant to the other post....

talking of snobbery, I am selling a naim cd player on ebay, and some absolute jerk emailed saying the cds3 is better than the cds2, I have good info that the 2 is better by some people on zg forum, not only that, his manner was very unpleasant, pointing out 'experts'( and you all now know what I think of some joe public self professed experts on forums that don't even know a good tweeter from a bad un) ' on the forum say the 3 is better, actually threating to report me for some subjective opinions to ebay and get my auction canned.( some people here really are authorities, there are petty 'internet experts' and real 'authorities' )

not just that, he questioned my right to give a private listing to protect decent ebayers and my choice not to use paypal due to the obscene charges, on a 2 grand item, that makes 68 pounds!!

It reminds me of the , well I shan't call it snobbery, as that implies some kind of upper class respectability, and inherent superiority, which clearly these types ain't, but arrogance perhaps is a better word, or middle class pretentiousness is perhaps better still.

the upper classes eat bacon tart
the middle classes asparagus quiche
the working classes bacon tart....

I eat bacon tart meself as I don't have to pretend..

They remind me of a certain type of bully on the motorway that drives a big bmw 5 series.

Naim should come with a warning, 'lobotomies mandatory, brainwashing highly likely, chuck out your reasoning, become a jerk,

precisely why I am happy no longer to follow these types....very strange people indeed....I thnk j d salinger had the right idea....anyone heard of hunter s thompson...looked like an interesting kind of guy....

Last edited by Ianm2; 30th January 2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 30th January 2006, 12:45 AM
WD Archivist

Default Re: some of the most unbelievable ebay jerks around

You're starting to ramble and be uncohesive..........take a breath, count to 10 and settle down. We do understand your frustrations. It's not worth sweating over.

Best wishes,

Greg
Old 30th January 2006, 12:48 AM

9, 10.....no wonder yahweh (jehovah) tried to do away with them all in the flood ramble ramble
Old 30th January 2006, 01:45 AM
Will Cowen

A problem shared is a problem halved, a ebay problem could be self inflicted and self erradicated
You seem to have alot of ebay problems.
Will.
Old 30th January 2006, 09:27 AM

Ian, just read the advert.

Please don't take offence, I just want to offer a little help. Its not that your wording is confrontational but rather it's too 'opinionated', it leaves you open to a response from those who take a perverse pleasure in riddiculing a 'For Sale' advert! As you know these types are a little 'strange'. Just a suggestion, stick to facts and magazine excerpts and remove the car analogy. Leave it up to the buyers to decide what it sounds like or is worth.
Old 30th January 2006, 11:32 AM

numbers game Will, sell a lot, get a bit back

No offence taken Neal, I can accept opinions like yours given, which is more objective and helpful, but not the way that person gave it.

best wishes.
Old 30th January 2006, 01:34 PM

it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that trawl ebay looking for things to complain about,
I've had my spelling remarked on,
I had one man complain to ebay when I sold a 3009 improved, he insisted it wasn't 'improved' because it had a detachable H/shell, he just wouldn't accept it was the C/weight was the difference, drove me mad with emails then tried to get it pulled by ebay

Old 30th January 2006, 04:20 PM

Yep it amazes me too, folks just don't read the ads at all, they ask questions which are either on the picture or in the description.
I've had hardly any trouble at all while i've been a member on ebay, selling or buying, but recently i've had no end of trouble through no making of my own.
I have a couple more bits for sale coming up soon ( mostly my dads surplus hifi this time around ) and then i'm stopping using it, to much of a headache recently.

I've had the same question asked repeatably by the same person,
arguementitive folks who just what to do that over the smallest detail,
people who want to buy from abroad ( i won't do it cos i don't have the time to muck about with carriers etc etc etc and i've been stung once already ) who repeatably ask, I say no, then they sign up under a Uk member name and bid/buy, and say ' i'm not in the uk at the moment can you please ship it to >godknows where<,
Folks moaning about delivery times and having to go to the post office because it was delivered while they were out (???!!!) and being plain nasty,
folks buying then emailing me saying 'can I pay at the end of the month cos things are a bit tight at the moment' ( !??!!) best case here was someone wanted me to wait 3 1/2 weeks for a cheque !!

It's rubbish really ! :p wibble wibble hatstand.....
Old 30th January 2006, 07:55 PM

one of the valves I am selling explicitly says auction for one valve at the bottom, and someone has just mailed asking if its for 2....
Old 30th January 2006, 09:58 PM

Well, the title does say "rectifiers", and there are several pictures of two valves, so I can see where the confusion could creep in...

If by any chance its not prior art, then the copyright is retained by me.