World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Is what it is all about

Old 15th September 2009, 01:12 PM

Default Jethro Tull Maidson Square Gardens 1978 - DVD release

EMI are releasing the first televised satellite broadcast of Jethro Tull in concert played live to millions in 1978. I've just pre-ordered mine from Amazon, looking at the clips on Youtube, it looks to be a great concert.

wow, 1978, was at school, Dad had a new Marina 1700cc TC, we had B&W television, my HiFi was a Sony receiver, HPM 60 speakers, a Pioneer TL12 deck and a Grundig reel to reel.....if memory serves correct. Loved the HPM 60's.

Cheers

Adam
Old 16th September 2009, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Jethro Tull Maidson Square Gardens 1978 - DVD release

At last!

I was allowed to stay up late to watch it and recorded it on my Philips mono reel-to-reel (N4307) recorder from an Amstrad (3000 MkII no less) tuner!! It was a simultaneous radio and TV broadcast, the radio part being introduced by John Peel. I still have the tape (with cuttings from the Radio Times!) and having transferred it to CD, occasionally listen to it - how sad is that?!? It really is an excellent concert and it's amazing that it's taken this long for any release of it in its entirety. (From what I remember, a handful of tracks are on one of the Anniversary boxed sets.)

Last edited by Mark Wood; 16th September 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Added more details