World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > The Coffee Bar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Coffee Bar Drop in for a chat or say hello if you're a new member!

Old 27th January 2018, 08:09 PM

Default tonbridge audiojumble

hello all,, Tonbridge any one going

dave
Old 28th January 2018, 12:22 AM

Default Re: tonbridge audiojumble

I just might dave if i can get cheap digs again, and depending on how many if any of my usual gang of mates will be there.

Got no intentions of buying any kit this time as I spent a bit in October. I generally go along for the crack these days, last couple or so years the real bargains have got very thin on the ground. The dealers hoover up the really tasty kit before the Public get a look in. And frankly the prices asked for 70's silicon tat beggar belief! I sold all of the stuff I brought along before opening, or should i say my pal who has a stall most years offloaded them for me and at a price i was very pleased to get although the guy who bought my old Arcam CD72 got a free Cd i forgot I'd left in the tray grrrr. Hope he likes obscure folk artists lol.
Andy.
Old 30th January 2018, 11:00 PM

hello all,, I will with the same chap as last time ,,think you are right re stuff
for sale andy its changed a lot since I first went, but I enjoyed it last time

one less cd then
Old 1st February 2018, 09:59 PM

I won't be at Tonbridge this time chaps.
Unfortunately a prior social engagement prevents me, and mrs nut won't be too pleased if I disappear for a weekend!
However this does mean there's money in the kitty for a visit to Bristol for the Hi Fi show at the Marriot. Mrs N will likely hook up with one of our many nieces there.
So if anybody is likely to turn up, most likely on the saturday as we'll be travelling down on the friday and I have to be home on the sunday as forst thing on the monday Nurse "Dracula" is removing blood samples from me............... echh.
Never been to a proper trade show before so it should be interesting. I'll be meeting up with a friend there too hopefully.

A
Old 4th October 2018, 10:45 AM

Just bumped this thread up.
I'll be there, I have an Air bnb for sat night so should get in for the 9 30 entry, i ain't paying £20 to get in at 0830 as i'm not in the market for any large purchases just now.
Are any other forumistas going?

Andy.
Old 5th October 2018, 12:18 PM

Wow,
I could'nt believe what Andy wrote, so looked it up online - you have to pay and plenty to go and see what's for sale - what a rip-off country the UK has become. I saw an article in my old home town rag about what is charged to organisers of car boot sales - simply unbelieveable.

Last went back 11 years ago, stayed for 2 weeks and that was long enough. I could write plenty about the UK but it would only upset you all, sad to see what has become of my home country, very sad indeed - rip-off Britain.
Old 5th October 2018, 12:54 PM

If you have a car and you decide to buy a secod hand replacement, now they double your insurence, they excuse this by saying it is a new driver for the car so that gives them carte blanche to put up your premiunm.

Acorn
Old 5th October 2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn View Post
If you have a car and you decide to buy a secod hand replacement, now they double your insurence, they excuse this by saying it is a new driver for the car so that gives them carte blanche to put up your premiunm.

Acorn
Then go online ( confused . com - go compare ) and get a better quote, I have this year bought two new cars, Ford Mondeo £29000.00 and a Fiesta for Janet £18000.00, Janet's insurance was £162.00, mine was £202.57, both fully comp. Why people stay with the same insurance provider, beats me. Bob
Old 5th October 2018, 06:30 PM

Bob

Good idea Bob, me thinks I am being set up, but it begs the question why do they double the rate and try and get away with it do the Brokers get a high commision from it.

Acorn
Old 5th October 2018, 06:46 PM

Last year I was with Admiral, on my old Mondeo, £187.00, this year they sent a quote of over £ 500.00, of course, I no longer had that car, and the provider for the new one is Saga, but I bet next year they will want silly money. It pay's to shop around. Bob