World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > DIY Projects > Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sources Your DIY source designs (turntables etc.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th November 2006, 07:42 PM

Default its tweaking time again

hi guys, thanks to all who came to ef4 it was great to meet you all and speak to like minded folks for once and special thanks to steve for a top day even though i did get a roasting off the missus for not getting in til 7.
ive been wondering for a while where to go next with the tt project, wether to sack it and start again with some fresh ideas. im wondering if you lot can fire some ideas my way as the only thing i can think of and something that richard pointed out yesterday is to convert it to an idler. the only other thing was to make a laminate platter in the same way as the plinth as im now starting to get abit critical of its performance as we all do with our stuff after abit. id be interested in your opinions on its sound quality or more specifically areas it falls down in so i can try to address these areas. i think its weak in the treble and its not very neutral so any suggestions are welcome but please dont tell me to get rid of the denon! ( only cos i cant afford another cart so its out of the questiion till i can, wouldn't mind a kontrapunkt but id have to build a lighter arm ) cheers guys