Old 30th April 2007, 02:34 PM
adisa

Default Lyeco

Hi,
I am new member from Turkey
I want to learn your comments about Lyeco Drivers especially 401-501
Old 3rd May 2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Lyeco

Well, I won a pair of the 401s a little while ago in a competition. They're currently with my symbiot, Dave & the guys at Planet10 hifi in Canada who've just about got the double-back-horn cabinet I designed for it complete. I gether so far Dave's impressed with the materials & design details, and he doesn't give praise lightly. They'll be hanging on to them for a while as there's the local big DIY show that they want to take them to.

One thing I can tell you is that the 401 is tricky to design for, given the specs. Although it's got a low Fs, it's best not to try to go for maximum extension. Aim for an Fc of about 70Hz - 80Hz & bring a sub or a couple of small subs in to deal with the LF.
Old 8th May 2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmoose View Post
Well, I won a pair of the 401s a little while ago in a competition. They're currently with my symbiot, Dave & the guys at Planet10 hifi in Canada who've just about got the double-back-horn cabinet I designed for it complete. I gether so far Dave's impressed with the materials & design details, and he doesn't give praise lightly. They'll be hanging on to them for a while as there's the local big DIY show that they want to take them to.
These are an interesting driver. Chris is just waiting to get some CMC time to do an elliptical SupraBaffle for Aiko (he has been wanting to do one for a looonngg time )

Plans for Aiko are linked off the Spawn page http://www.frugal-horn.com/spawn.html

Of the designs in the contest, it was the only one with decent looking response (althou i was quite surprised by the double bass relflex.

Contest here http://fullrangedriver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1494

The local diy event is actually the same day as the UK one, and we hope it is a start to getting more events worldwide withing the same 24 hrs -- ie world diyFest.

dave
Old 8th May 2007, 11:17 AM

Well, I'll be at the UK one -Al's talked me into giving a presentation on MathCad -how best to use it etc. Check out the thread[s] guys -should be a good couple of days.

Yeah, the DBR was a very decent design, although with some peaking at Fc. I never could get DBR properly figured out. I suppose I should put it on the to-do list, but not being a fan of T/S BR alignments, it'll be a fair way down.