World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For anything else WD or hifi

Old 7th October 2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Anonymous eBay sellers

simcox1,
if you do a bank transfer and it all goes wrong (as a buyer) - what are you going to do to get your money back.

Actually you have outlined very well, the only way to do business as a seller. What will happen is what's happening on head-fi right now. many Americans refuse to do business outside the lower 48 States, since too many have been ripped off by Europeans and yes I know there are rogues in the States as well.

Consider how many reputable US/Canadian cos. refuse to do business with Italy or surprisingly New Zealand.

Once you obtain pariah status that's it.
Old 7th October 2007, 02:34 PM
simcox1

Paypal is good for buyers admittedly. The other thing is, to have a verified account, you have to live in the UK, US or Canada. So any transactions to anywhere else in the world are not eligible for seller protection. I sold an interconnect to someone in China who informed me it hadn't arrived. I sent another. He again said it hadn't arrived, and opened a paypal dispute. He would have won, so I refunded him to save the additional paypal fee.

So it depends entirely whether you're a buyer or a seller. As a seller it isn't viable to use a trackable service for some goods, and it doesn't make any difference anyway for most of the world.
Old 7th October 2007, 02:36 PM

you can offer anyone you reasonably trust to send cash via the post, if you want the item, belive me with most methods anyway you ahve little comeback if things go wrong, I am against credit cards, however, the way paypal is operating, best way is to use one their, do a chargeback, as they wont do fanny adams to give your justified cash back, so let the credit card companies fcuk them over.

some of the americans can be incredibly insular. I don't trust some british, however, it is natural to be even more sceptical of some abroad, however, I have done a few decent transactions from greece, germany, etc...but people do get sheepish from some of the smaller countries. I suppose its in part to many computer scams and spams coming from less regulated countries
Old 8th October 2007, 08:31 AM

Simcox1,
you are entirely wrong, we live in Spain and have a Spanish Paypal verified account, otherwise no one on Head-fi would do business with me.

Ian, I find many Germans to be incredibly insular, on another thread I warned someone that if they are after buying a DD from Germany many will not entertain selling outside of Germany and since Germans demand 'value for money, point blank will not accept payment by cr/card, only by bank transfer.
Old 8th October 2007, 02:18 PM
simcox1

Section 11.3 of the paypal seller protection policy.

Qualification.

The transaction must be between a US, UK or Canadian buyer and a US, UK or Canadian seller

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?c...cy_spp-outside

It says here as I stated above. Transactions in Europe do not qualify for seller protection. Anyway, mostly there are no problems, but for high value goods I would prefer not to use paypal to sell. As a buyer I would.
Old 9th October 2007, 08:56 AM

Simcox1,
you did'nt mention seller protection but you are quoting from a UK basis. As many have pointed out - Ianm2/Richard - this seller protection is a load of flannel ( I put that very politely did'nt I).

The reason that Head-fiers insist on the verified account is because it also verifies the buyers address and so any goods sold have to go to that address and with signed for delivery shipping, it's no good the buyer saying they did'nt receive the goods.

Spanish Paypal is trying to con people here to let them have direct access to one's bank account. Thanks to Ian and Richard on this forum, that will never happen with our account.