World-Designs-Forum  

Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > World Designs > WD Loudspeakers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WD Loudspeakers For discussion of World Designs Loudspeakers

Old 9th December 2014, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Approx. weight of WD25Ts

Sorry Bob, I do apologise for not having replied before. Just too busy I´m afraid. Anyway, only last night I was able to remove my spikes and substitute them with some Valhalla Technology square feet, seemingly neoprene or something similar. I haven´t been able to listen to many LPs but going on Portrait in Jazz by Bill Evans and Brahm´s Violin Concerto with David Oistrakh, I would say I am well pleased. Maybe it was the combination of my Sugden A21SE´s razor sharp sound and the Millennium tweeters in my WD25Ts but with the spikes my system sounded a bit too "fireworkishly", spectacular allowing the lead instruments to really show off and now, with these blocks I know appreciate much more the cohesion of the ensembles involved without having lost any nuances in the main instruments. In other words I find myself latching on to other instruments which previously were mere onlookers before the brilliance of the leads. It also sounds a tad more relaxed and the difference between the sound through my phones (Beyers) and the speakers, previously manifest, is now much smaller.
All this after over thirty years´unquestioning use of spikes under first my Heybrook HB2s, then my Totems and now my WDs.
At least that´s what I feel I am hearing at this moment.

Last edited by VantheMan; 10th December 2014 at 08:07 PM.