Go Back   World-Designs-Forum > WAD > WAD General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WAD General For discussions re World Audio Design

Old 26th January 2019, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: KEL34 just acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob orbell View Post
Greg myself and many others have a wealth of knowledge on here, Greg advised against using a nylon fixing, I agree, Greg advises don't lacquer the OP transformer caps and your next post say's you have used nylon and lacquered the caps, as I said. Bob
Hi Stephan
Yes the help you can get on this forum is second to none Greg /bob and many of the others on here have built these WD kit amps, and upgraded and improved then to higher levels than the standard kits.

if you would like you’re amp back in tip top condition you can’t do better than take on their Knowledge and advice but at the end of the day we can only advice you its your amp

For some parts contact the owner of WD Matthew Snell sales@world-designs.co.uk or PM him http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=231
Colin

Turntable Rega 3 custom RB250 with ortofon 2M Blue /other goldring 1042 /WD phono2 /WD CF pre custom converted /WD psu2 /home built JE Labs Single Ended 6SL7/KT66/Speakers Frugal horns Mk1s
Other turntables AR EB101/Thorns TD150mk2/Thorns TD160mk2

If you have trouble reading my posts its because I am a dyslexic member
Old 2nd February 2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin.hepburn View Post
Hi Stephan
Yes the help you can get on this forum is second to none Greg /bob and many of the others on here have built these WD kit amps, and upgraded and improved then to higher levels than the standard kits.

if you would like you’re amp back in tip top condition you can’t do better than take on their Knowledge and advice but at the end of the day we can only advice you its your amp

For some parts contact the owner of WD Matthew Snell sales@world-designs.co.uk or PM him http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=231
Colin
Appreciated.
Old 3rd February 2019, 09:38 AM

Yea, come on Stephan, you will soon get used to my sarcasm, if I can help in any way I will, by the way, Goonybird, why on earth did you chose that for your forum name ? . Bob
Old 16th March 2019, 06:12 PM

Ok still work in progress.
pics show Toroid metal cover obtained from Ebay China, exact fit. Mains transformer new mounting hole drilled centrally (original is offset?) Holes drilled for wires with grommets. All transformers insulated from chassis.
Board heater circuit rewired, the original was a bit haphazard. moved the Earth wire to the socket side.
Main Board, all electrolytics replaced with oem quality items, Panasonic and Nichicon from Hi Fi Collective.
Most high wattage resistors replaced including the anode resistors R7/20/24/19 with 2w single value. In fact I suspect the fault previously was the anode resitors had failed but only one of the each of two strapped in parallal so measured 99k on R19 and R24.
Also fitted a central bolt for the star earth to ease board removal.
Just need to double check all components before refitting board.
Last decided to keep speaker sockets for originality, so made up XLR to inline Banana sockets pigtails.